how to use general HTML tag in About us area ?

i am try to use use simple html tag like <br> <p> inside About area it reflect the change but as soon as i save & publish its just gone no formatting

Hello @sniffer999,

I’m waiting for a reply from the developers on this matter, will get back to you as soon as possible.

Regards

No word on this yet, huh? No simple HTML coding in the entries for the sections? It would be so nice to be able to bold and italicize things and add line breaks or bullet points in the services and team sections. Fingers crossed for an update soon. Thank you! :slight_smile:

Hello @marcee,

I have pushed this to the development team but we still have to wait and hope that we’ll see this functionality in the next theme update.

Regards

Hi,

I have faced that issue, but finally I figure out how I can use html tags into illdy form.

Find this file illdy/inc/customizer/customizer.php , at line 197 to 220, there is function called illdy_sanitize_html so you have to add your html tags you want to use, but make sure after add your tags if it does’t affect other text.

It works for me.

Good luck.

Thank you

Hello, since it’s a private message I will post the solution again.
Thanks Brian!

Hi,

I have faced that issue, but finally I figure out how I can use html tags into illdy form.

Find this file illdy/inc/customizer/customizer.php , at line 197 to 220, there is function called illdy_sanitize_html so you have to add your html tags you want to use, but make sure after add your tags if it does’t affect other text.

It works for me.

Good luck.

Thank you

Hello,

thank you very much for this answer. I have found the file customizer.php and also the function
illdy_sanitize_html

Would you be so kind and explain to me how to
“add your html tags you want to use,”

Thanks so very much!!!

Eva

Hi Eva,

Nothing special you have to do , just add your html tage like this ‘hr’ => array(),

Let me copy my cade and paste.

if( !function_exists( ‘illdy_sanitize_html’ ) ) {
function illdy_sanitize_html( $input ) {
$input = force_balance_tags( $input );

$allowed_html = array(
        'a' =&gt; array(
            'href' =&gt; array(),
            'title' =&gt; array()
        ),
        'br' =&gt; array(),
        'em' =&gt; array(),
       <strong> 'hr' =&gt; array(),</strong>
        'img' =&gt; array(
        'alt' =&gt; array(),
        'src' =&gt; array(),
        'srcset' =&gt; array(),
        'title' =&gt; array()
        ),
        'strong' =&gt; array(),
    );
    $output = wp_kses( $input, $allowed_html );
    return $output;
}

}

If you have any question don’t hesitate to ask me.

Good luck

Brain

Hi Brian,

thank you very much for the response. Finally, I have understood and it works!

Eva

PS: I have one question, which editor did you use in the screenshot? Thanks!

Wow,that’s good.The editor is sublime 3.
Thank you