IE8 compatibility for Sparkling WordPress theme

Hello Aigars,

First of all I would like to thank you for this nice and modern theme. I chose it especially because it uses Bootstrap.

However, there are some issues with IE8. In IE8 our website seems to display in mobile device layout by default. I personally do not use IE but many users do and I’m really concerned. Is there anything that could be done to improve the behavior of this theme when using this browser?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Unfortunately, I have no plans to improve support for IE8. It was released by Microsoft 6 years ago and discontinued 4 years ago. I see no point why I should support a browser which is not supported by its author for over 4 years.

IE8 user base globally is below 3% and and only 0.4% of Colorlib visitors uses it(mostly outdated spam bots and not real users). If someone still uses this web browser I feel sorry for them because there are are so many website that no longer works on this browser or are painfully slow. Even Google dropped support for IE8 back in 2012.

Sorry for inconvenience.

No problem, I understand. Thank you all the same :slight_smile: Well, IE8 users will simply have to use another browser. I mark the post as Resolved.

I had this problem too but i must still support IE8, here is quick fix to make Sparkling theme support IE 8.