Illdy does not display checkboxes

Hello,
I use Illdy theme and I have an issue concerning checkbox display. I installed contact form 7 and added a chceckbox to the form. The thing is that the checkbox is not visible on mobile devices. It is displayed correctly on the desktop/laptop computer however on tablet/ moblie phone it is not.
I checked if the checkbox is displayed correctly with the default WordPress theme twenty sixteen. It turns out, it is. Using the default theme the problem does not appear.

I am asking for help, what can I do, to get this checkbox displayed on mobile devices?

Hi @maciek2410,

this seems more like a problem with Contact Form 7 than with Illdy. Could you please get in touch with the developers of CF7 and ask them about this? They should be able to help you further.

Thanks,
Colorlib Support.

Hi,
Thank you for your response.
Just like I wrote, the plugin CF7 works just fine with other themes. For example default WP theme, sparkling theme and others. The problem of invisible checkboxes appears only with Illdy theme and only on mobile devices. So it is not a matter of cf7 plugin but clearly the Illdy theme. Look I made some research though, there happen to be similar problems with other themes, they sometimes do not display some things due to some settings. I really like the theme and would be more than happy to be able to use it like I need to. What I don’t know and cannot find is the location of the settings in question, if you could just point me the files where I should look. That would be something, I will try to look for it myself but please give me some directions where to start please.

Hi @maciek2410,

could you please paste here the contents of your CF7 form ? I’ll try and reproduce the problem with our development team.

Thanks,
Colorlib Support.

Thank you, I would be really glad.
Contact form 7
My form:
<p>Name (required)<br />
[text* your-name] </p>

<p>email (required)<br />
[email* your-email] </p>

<p>Accept the terms<br />
[acceptance acceptance-97] </p>

<p>[submit “Send”]</p>

I also attach the screenshot of the form displayed on a tablet.

Hello @maciek2410,

Can you please add this custom CSS code inside Dashboard > Appearances > Editor > Style.css or directly on your FTP server and let me know if it fixed the issue?

input[type=checkbox]{
  -webkit-appearance:checkbox;
}

It did the trick on my side, so it should work fine.

Best regards

That’s it!
Thank you very much.

That’s good news, will add the fix in the next theme update, as well.

Regards

The css to show the checkboxes works like a charm, the only problem I’m encoutering is that I can’t get the name of the checkbox and the actual checkbox on the same line. Fixes like
display: block-inline; do not work. Do you have any tips here?

Regards

Hello,

Please send me a live preview (website link) and I’ll see what I can do about it.

Regards

Hey,

I fixed the problem by putting the different checkboxes together in a <div> [checkbox "hello" "world"] </div> and using css to display them inline. But thanks for the response.

Regards

Hello,
the checkbox is displayed like the screenshot, what can I do?

My form:
<p>Il tuo nome<br />
[text* your-name] </p>

<p>La tua email<br />
[email* your-email] </p>

<p>Oggetto<br />
[text your-subject] </p>

<p>Il tuo messaggio<br />
[textarea your-message] </p>

<div>Autorizzo al trattamento dei miei dati
[acceptance acceptance-920] </div>

<p>[submit “Invia”]</p>

hi @tekfarm,

Please be kind and post a new thread because this will help us keep this forum very easy to use.

Also give in your post the website link so we could check.

Thank you,

Cristian