Illdy v2.0.1 Companion Plugin 1.0.7 WP 4.7.3 bug

I updated my Illdy theme to version 2.0.1 and companion plugin to 1.0.7. I’m running WP 4.7.3. The frontend of my site works fine (TMK). The backend work fine (TMK). When I click on the customizer, the site crashed and gave me PHP errors. I found two errors:

‘Undefined index: url’ in wp-content/plugins/illdy-companion/widgets/class-widget-project.php:77
I removed the exclamatory mark ‘!’

$url = !isset( $instance[‘url’] ) ? sanitize_text_field( $instance[‘url’] ) : ‘’;

$url = isset( $instance[‘url’] ) ? sanitize_text_field( $instance[‘url’] ) : ‘’;

After removing the ‘!’, I encountered this error

‘Undefined index: plugin_path’ in wp-content/themes/illdy/inc/customizer/custom-recommend-action-section.php:230

I added a test and set for the variable.

$illdy_recommended_plugin[‘path’] = $active[‘plugin_path’];

$illdy_recommended_plugin[‘path’] = isset($active[‘plugin_path’]) ?? ‘’;

Afterwards, the customizer loaded.

Hi,

Don’t remove the !, instead, can you try giving an URL in the Project Widget? http://take.ms/4kIEE

Let us know,

Thanks,
laranz.

We aren’t using the project sections and have it enabled to not show them. The project widgets have ‘#’ as the url.

Hi,

Try hitting save once for all the project widgets and see that fixes the issue? I run the same configuration in my local and I didn’t get any warnings like that.

If still that didn’t work, pass us the WP Login details in a private reply.

Let us know,

Thanks,
laranz.

I removed all the widgets from the project sidebar and disabled the section. Still does not work w/o removing the ‘!’ The frontend/backend work, just not the customizer.

Hi,

Try hitting save once for all the project widgets and see that fixes the issue? I run the same configuration in my local and I didn’t get any warnings like that.

If still that didn’t work, pass us the WP Login details in a private reply.

Let us know,

Thanks,
laranz.

Figured out the issue was with my Yii2 integration I have with wordpress.

define('YII_ENABLE_ERROR_HANDLER',false);

fixes the error. That also fixed a minor error with woocommerce 3.0

Thanks.