Image Size with Blog Excerpts

Hello,
I would like to change the size of featured images which display on my blog posts summary page. At the moment my posts page shows a large image and then a 2 line excerpt with each post. I would like the page to show a more compact image with a small excerpt so that you can see a bigger number of blog post extracts on this summary page.

I know that there have been a bunch of queries on the topic of featured image size, but I don’t want to change the size of the featured image when you actually click into that specific post.
Is there any way I can do this please?

ps I love the theme and am very grateful for your support!

Hi @mrdownright,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

You can try achieving this by using the custom plugin solution posted in the following topic.

https://colorlibsupport.com/t/define-sizeformat-of-featured-image-on-home-page/

Best Regards,
Movin

Hi Movin,

Thank you for your response.
I had seen the post but didn’t realise that it wouldn’t change the size of the image in the actual full post as well, so apologies for the duplication. I’ll try it tonight when I get home.

Is it possible to customise the excerpt in any other way, for example title and excerpt on left and thumbnail of original on right of the text?

You are most welcome here :slight_smile:

Is it possible to customise the excerpt in any other way, for example title and excerpt on left and thumbnail of original on right of the text?

You have to develop custom code to achieve this.