Images in Menu shows long hover tooltip

I’m using the Polylang plugin for multilanguage and I want to add a language switch to my menu. I also want to show the flag for each language in the language switcher.

The problem is that when I hover over a language it shows a huge tooltip containing HTML code.
The Polylang plugin team says it’s because how the team handles images in the menu: https://wordpress.org/support/topic/tooltips-on-language-switcher-in-menu/

Can you please provide an official solution to this?

I also read this topic: https://colorlibsupport.com/t/support-request-menu-issue-with-items-that-contain-an-image/

But I don’t have any plugins that can cause this since I got this behaviour on a clean brand new Wordpress site.

Hello there,

I hope you are doing well today.

Could you please provide a link to your website so that I can inspect it?
Does the language change when you use the switcher?

Best Regards,
Support

Hello,

The site is not public yet.
If you want I can create a user for you to inspect it. Please provide some details for this (email).
The language switcher works fine. The only problem is when hovering a language item which has the flag image.
If I remove the flag image I don’t have the hover problem.
So it is related to having images in the menu.

Ok then could you please share me your site log in details privately by checking the option “Set as private reply” when replying to this topic so that i can troubleshoot it?

Hello,

Thank you for trying to fix this.
I would really appreciate it if you found a solution for this since I really need to use flags for the language switcher.

Here are your credentials:
Username: testuser
Password: testuser!@#

Thank you for sharing the site credentials but it seems you didn’t share your site URL so could you please share it?

Oh yes, Sorry, forgot the most important part :smiley:

This is it: http://box5186.temp.domains/~amazipi9/

I logged in to your site but can’t access menus screen in the admin area to troubleshoot it as the user log in credentials that you have shared is not for admin user so could you please make it admin user?

Yes. That’s intentional. I can’t give you admin access.
Can’t you replicate the problem by simply creating a wordpress site with the Activello theme and add the Polylang plugin? And set the language flags to appear in the language switcher.
You should see the same problem.

I tried to reproduce the issue on my test site but couldn’t reproduce it.

If you have any development site then you can also share me that site credentials or take backup of your site and share me temporary admin credentials by creating new temporary admin account.

Ok, here’s your admin account:

User: tempAdmin
Password: E$yq$Uz%ORW2fM8%dTl&Pn(1

Thank you for sharing your site admin credentials.

I have resolved the issue on your site by installing attached small custom plugin that contains custom code.

Could you please confirm whether it is working fine for you now?

Thank you very much for your effort.
It’s working properly now :slight_smile:

You are most welcome here :slight_smile: