images shrinking before my eyes

I’m not seeing the topic here; I’m really vexed. IE 11, two Sparkling sites on different hosts, applied your latest update to both sites, only having an issue on one site (although to be fair I haven’t visited the other site much).

I have tried:

1. Setting my Media Settings sizes to 0’s, so a bunch of images aren’t crowding my site.
  2. Installing a plugin (actually I tried a couple of them) that promised to get rid of unused media in order to clean up that database. Removed both plugins when that didn’t help. (And I only used and removed one at a time.)
  3. Deleting every image, calling the hosting company (GoDaddy) and having them flush the cache for the site.
  4. After about 3 hours, re-uploading my image files (there are only 23 images for the entire site so far).

By the way, both sites have the same plugins (Yoast SEO, Contact Form 7, Limit Login Attempts, Child Theme Configurator, jetpack, Post Types Order, Widgets Control, and Enhanced Text Widget). The GoDaddy site has some proprietary plugins added for beginner WordPress users. I have not removed those in case my client wants to use them once I turn the site over to him.

I created a folder on my hosting site and uploaded all my images there. The only solution that works 100% of the time is to call my images from that folder, essentially bypassing WordPress. The problem, of course, is that they don’t scale on mobile screens. (I lose the word wrap around the images.)

I did discover that removing “size-full WP-image-xxx” from the class description seemed to help (odd, but I’m not sure exactly how WP handles images) but not 100% of the time.

I’ve Googled and can’t seem to find anything that works 100%.

Page where I removed part of the WP class description and the problem isn’t as bad, but it still happens - it contains 5 images: 1a2.d88.myftpupload.com/our-facility/ (As of now, I’m bypassing WP on the Home page images.)

I sure would appreciate some help with this.

Thank you and thanks for a terrific theme.

Hi @beckyt,

Sorry to hear of the problem you are having.

Could you please share the screenshot of the images having issues on IE11 on your site so that i can troubleshoot it?

Kind Regards,
Movin