Inconsistent Slider Formatting on Desktop

Hello - I noticed today that the slider on the top of the page looks very inconsistent based on the width of my desktop screen/browser. In IE the text is not centered on the picture. In Firefox & Chrome, the text is all smooshed together if I don’t have the browser maximized. I’ve attached some pictures. You can view the site at www.doseofdiscovery.com

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Hi @beth4889,

I hope you are well today and thanks for posting here.

In IE the text is not centered on the picture.

You can try achieving this by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Customize -> Activello Options -> Other -> Custom CSS

#page .flex-caption {
    width: 100%;
    max-width: 100%;
    text-align: center;
}
In Firefox & Chrome, the text is all smooshed together if I don’t have the browser maximized. I’ve attached some pictures.

Try using below CSS code to resolve the issue.

@media (max-width: 935px){
  #page .flex-caption{
    bottom: auto;
    top: 20px;
  }
}

Best Regards,
Movin

Thank you! It seems to be better everywhere but Chrome. Now only every other slide image is showing up with scrunched text. :slight_smile: Also - in the search box in the upper right hand corner, the text “Search” is sometimes cut off on the bottom. Thank you so much for you help!

I have tested it on chrome browser and it is displaying fine for me as shown in the attached screenshot.

Please make sure you are using latest version of chrome browser.

Now the photos are showing up as too small in Chrome…

the mobile version also seems to be working weird now.

Hi! It’s happening exactly the same to me!!
www.mgluxurymarket.com
On mobile it works well, but not on desktop

Hi Movin,

I’m having the same problem as mentioned in the 2 posts above.
Any idea how to solve that ?

Thank you for your time. Much appreciated.

Guillaume

Hi @beth4889,

I troubleshooted it on your site and found it seems it is happening because of the Jetpack plugin that you are using on your site so could you please try temporary deactivating it or its Photon module?

It seems this jetpack module is not updating the images stored on wp.com so to resolve the issue either disable this module or update the images on wp.com by contacting jetpack support team.

Best Regards,
Movin

Removing Photon module worked perfectly for me.
Thanks again, Movin :slight_smile:

Have a good day !

It seems to have worked for me as well. Thank you!

You are most welcome here :slight_smile: