Increase Font Size

Hi,

How do I increase the font size for the text in all my posts?

This is the custom CSS that I have for my site right now:
div.entry-content {
font-family: ‘Open Sans’;
}

.entry-content li {
font-size: 15px;
}

When I increased the font size, the only thing that changes is the bulleted points on my post but not any of the body text. Please help. Thanks.

Hi @yvonne,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

You can increase the font size of the text from the following option of latest version of Dazzling theme.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Customize -> Dazzling Options -> Typography -> Main Body Text

Best Regards,
Movin

What is new in the latest version of Dazzling theme?

Hi @yvonne,

You will find it on the following page in the “Changelog” section.

Cheers,
Movin

Will updating to the latest version of Dazzling remove all my custom CSS? I am currently using version 1.5.1

No it won’t remove it if you save it in the theme custom CSS option but for safety please take backup of it and your site so that if anything goes wrong then we can restore it.

Hi,

I have tried many times changing the font size by doing it from here:

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Customize -> Dazzling Options -> Typography -> Main Body Text

but it’s still the same. Only the size for my bulleted text changed. The rest remained the same. You can see what I mean from my post here: http://souperdiaries.com/how-to-steam-eggs

I removed my custom css that you provided previously but it’s not helping.

font-family: ‘Open Sans’;
}

.entry-content li {
}

Please advise. Thanks.

Hi @yvonne,

I troubleshooted it on your shared page and found this is happening because on your site the custom font size is applied on the p tag resulting in making text contained in p tag the same size.

To change the text contained in the p tags, you can use the following custom CSS code on your site changing the font size 16px in it.

body p {
    font-size: 16px;
}

Regards,
Movin

Hi Movin,

Sorry for the late reply to this as I had missed it. I used the custom CSS code that you provided but I changed the font size to 15px as 16px was a little too big. But now the bulleted text looks smaller than the body text. How do I make them the same size?

Btw where do I check the font that is used for my post title? (How to Steam Eggs – Chinese Steamed Eggs Recipe). I would like to experiment using that font for my body text.

Regards,
Yvonne

Hi Yvonne,

I used the custom CSS code that you provided but I changed the font size to 15px as 16px was a little too big. But now the bulleted text looks smaller than the body text. How do I make them the same size?

To resolve the issue try using the following CSS code instead.

body p, body ul {
}
Btw where do I check the font that is used for my post title? (How to Steam Eggs – Chinese Steamed Eggs Recipe). I would like to experiment using that font for my body text.

You can check the font of it or of any element using browser inspector. The font used for post title is Georgia which you can use for your post and page content using the following CSS code.

div.entry-content {
    font-family: 'Georgia';
}

Regards,
Movin

Thanks Movin. The CSS code worked perfectly.

You are most welcome here :slight_smile: