Infinite-scroll issue

Hello,

I hope this is not a duplicate, i did not found anything.
When activating the infinite scroll in the Jetpack plugin, a button displays (by the way, the default focus color appears, not the one i placed in the “personalize”)
Isn’t it possible to have a direct infinite scroll avoiding this button ?
I’m using a child theme if this could help.

Have a good day, thank you

Hi @abdelhaksam,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

I am not exactly sure what you are trying to achieve so could you please describe it a bot more in detail by sharing screenshots of it?

Also could you please share me your site URL where it’s happening so that i can troubleshoot it?

Kind Regards,
Movin

Hello,

Since my site is still in developpement, here is the URL as a private reply : Madinati

You can see what i am talking about by scrolling down, there is a button “Articles Précédents”, and i wanted a direct infinite scroll that triggers directly by scrolling down.

Thank you in advance

i wanted a direct infinite scroll that triggers directly by scrolling down.

You can try achieving this by using the attached small plugin specially developed for you that contains some custom code.

Also please make sure you have selected the option “Scroll Infinitely” as shown in the attached screenshot.

It works perfectly, thank you :smiley:

You are most welcome here :slight_smile:

First, thank you for the plugin. Is there a way to adjust the number of posts show per page before it beings infinitely scrolling? It seems to default 7 posts per page per load. Could that be changed to something like 4 posts per load?

Frank you should go into Settings, in the Reading section

I tried that but it does not seem to read those settings. To test I set it to 3 but front page still loads all of them, so I thought it was perhaps hard coded

I don’t know, @Movin is the best placed to help you. I set it to 9 and in worked for me :slight_smile:

@Frank You can try using the attached custom plugin instead of above plugin that contains the following code where i have stated it to load four posts at a time.

function custom_activello_jetpack_setup() {
	add_theme_support( 'infinite-scroll', array(
		'container' => 'main',
		'footer'    => 'page',
                'posts_per_page' => 4
	) );
}
add_action( 'after_setup_theme', 'custom_activello_jetpack_setup', 99 );

That worked perfectly! Thank you

@Frank You are always welcome here :slight_smile: