Issue with modals

Hi, I was running the previous version, I believe 2.3.2. All was well.

I upgraded to 2.3.5 and cleared my cache. Everything is working well, except anywhere I have a button that triggers a bootstrap modal.

The screen dims and I see the modal pop up for a split second, then the modal disappears. It’s just a black screen. All I see is:

<div class="modal-backdrop fade in"></div>

and nothing else. I assume the modal is hidden beneath. Any ideas as to how I could fix this will be greatly appreciated.

Hello there,

I hope you are doing well today.

Could you please provide a link to your website so that I can inspect it?

Best Regards,
Support

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly! It’s an intranet site behind a firewall. I’m working on a demo I can publish as a demo.

Hello there,

Could you add an image or video of the issue?

Best Regards,
Support

Ok, I did a one click WordPress install in my host’s (Dreamhost) dashboard. Installed Sparkling 2.3.5 and added a modal in the only post. No further customizations. I checked in Safari and Chrome. Video attached.

Test URL: https://www.nicelymedia.com/colorlib/

You can try resolving the issue by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Customize -> Additional CSS

.modal.fade.in {
    display: block !important;
}

Thanks! That worked to get the modal to stay visible, but none of the buttons to close the modal are working. Clicking outside of the modal should dismiss it as well, but that’s not working either.

I really appreciate the help!

Then instead of that CSS code please try using this plugin Easy Bootstrap Shortcode – WordPress plugin | WordPress.org and configure it as described in the bottom of this page Sparkling Theme Documentation - Colorlib

Thanks, I’ll give that a try.

ok