Issue with slider on desktop and mobile

Hi there, hoping you can help me.

I installed the theme today and have been having some issues with the slider and image sizing. I turned off Photon on Jetpack which made things a little better on desktop.

However I can’t manage to get a fixed size for height on the slider images so you get a strange experience when scrolling through them (images attached). I’ve also tried to input the CSS on another thread to make the headline text a little easier to see but that doesn’t seem to have worked.

On mobile I’ve got the image discrepancy issue and the titles do not show at all - likewise, you are unable to tap the image and link into the content (images attached).

I hope I’ve explained that OK but in case I haven’t:

1. Image height varies even after deactivating Photon and refreshing thumbnails usins plugin.
  2. CSS not taking to improve visibility of headline on image
  3. Image height breaking mobile slider
  4. Headline not showing on mobile
  5. Unable to tap into content on mobile

Thank you so much!

Hi @thehillman,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your questions.

1) Image height varies even after deactivating Photon and refreshing thumbnails usins plugin.
3) Image height breaking mobile slider

Please make sure the featured image set to slider posts have at least in size 1920px X 550px

2) CSS not taking to improve visibility of headline on image 4) Headline not showing on mobile

The slider headings are disabled on mobile devices due to smaller screens size but i can see you have displayed it fine on your site as shown in the attached screenshot. On some slides it is not displaying fine due to above image height issue so if you resolve the above issue then this issue will also get resolved.

5) Unable to tap into content on mobile

I visited your site on mobile and could tab into content so could you please tell me exactly where it is not working?

Best Regards,
Movin

Hi, thank you for the reply. I’ve managed to get everything working on sliders etc. The only thing not working now is image sizing on thumbnails for some reason.

The only thing not working now is image sizing on thumbnails for some reason.

Try using following plugin to regenerate thumbnails.

What would you suggest if I’ve already done that?

Please check what you have set in the width and height of thumbnail size in your site settings as shown in the attached screenshot.

That worked a treat thank you. Are these dimensions documented in the help files and I’ve just been totally blind to it?

What are the appropriate settings for the medium and large sizes?

Thank you for all your help. You’ve been fantastic.

That worked a treat thank you. Are these dimensions documented in the help files and I’ve just been totally blind to it?

This is general WordPress settings so we have not documented it. We have documented only the theme specific settings. You can find all WordPress documentation on the following page.

https://codex.wordpress.org/

What are the appropriate settings for the medium and large sizes?

As shown in the above shared screenshot.

You are most welcome here :slight_smile: