Issue with widget and categories

Love this template but have an issue I can´t seem to fix.
I´m using 2 plugins - A-Z listing and Custom Post Type UI - because I want to have a page in my website that is a glossary of terms http://www.marketingweirdos.com/marketing-terms/

I want to also have this content showing in the home page, so I follow the rules and use the category “Marketing Terms” that is what I´ve used for all the glossary terms.
But it doesn´t even appear. I get nothing as you can see http://www.marketingweirdos.com/ - it should be between the 2 ads.

Can you help?

Hello there,

I hope you are doing well today.

This theme uses widget areas to display the elements so you would have to use a widget to have the glossary appear on the homepage.

Best Regards,
Support

I have, please see attachments.
Am I missing something?

Hello there,

I hope you are doing well today.

Does the A-Z listing plugin have a widget available for you to use? If so then you can add that widget to a widget area to have it displayed on the homepage.

Best Regards,
Support

Maybe I´m not explaining my issue correctly.

I want to keep the Marketing Terms page as it is currently, with the glossary.
But want to have a section of the home page like the EVENTS or THE WORLD where some of the Marketing Terms posts appear.

Hello there,

Thanks for clarifying.

How many posts do you have assigned to the Marketing Terms category? You need to have more than 3 posts assigned to it.

Best Regards,
Support

Yes I do, currently I have 8 posts with Marketing Terms as its category.

For example, if you check the footer widget it shows the 8 posts, but when you click to see then… nothing.

Any idea what might be blocking it?

Hello there,

Please deactivate any third party plugins that are not bundled with the theme, A-Z listing and Custom Post Type UI. I just want to ensure that is not a conflict at play here.

Best Regards,
Support

Done.
And continued the same.
Nothings was fixed.
Any other ideas?

Hello there,

When I check the marketing terms category noting is there. Please have a look at this link and let me know if it is populated.

http://www.marketingweirdos.com/category/marketing-terms/

Best Regards,
Support

I know and I´ve mentioned that above too.
But I do have content published and marked as that category, please see image below.

Hello there,

Thanks for the image.

It seems that because the terms are custom post types the theme is not able to locate them, so you need to edit the post type then go to Built-in Taxonomies and enable Categories (WP Core) then assign the articles with the marketing-terms category.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,
Support

I´ve done that already :slight_smile:
See images.
Anything I might have missed?

Hello there,

At this point it may be the case that the Custom UI posts are not compatible with the homepage widget but would you be able to provide us with admin credentials to login and have a look?

Please use a private post for this.

Best Regards,
Support

Of course, here you go:

username: mweirdos
password: [email protected](@p$dBDsmD&oM%

Many thanks for your help.

Hello there,

After looking into the theme and the Custom UI plugin it does not seem that the plugin will allow the widget to access the posts.

Best Regards,
Support

Ok, any suggestion of a plugin that does something similar so I could try it?

Hello there,

It would be best to use the core WordPress posts categories so you can try recreating the posts and assigning them to the marketing terms category.

Best Regards,
Support

Ok, many thanks for your help!

Hello there,

Happy to help.
Please feel free to contact us again in the future regarding any other issues.

Best Regards,
Support