Jetpack carousel not working

Playing around with Shapely on a local installation and I’m not getting the Jetpack carousel feature working. Was anyone more successful?
The option just doesn’t appear for new galleries, and existing carousel galleries (created by activating another theme) are not shown in a carousel (so it works with other themes in the same installation).
Jetpack support states:
“Please verify if your theme has some custom gallery functionalities. The Carousel will deactivate if it detects that the theme in use is overwriting the gallery shortcode, so as to not conflict with the theme.”
Is this the case for Shapely? (would be a pity, carousel in the portfolio section would be awesome).

Thanks for any hints!

Hi @frankie,

I hope you are well today and thanks for posting here.

Are you using the latest version of Shapely theme?

Can you check the JavaScript console for errors when the Jetpack carousel feature not working?

In Chrome go to “Tools -> Developer Tools” and in Firefox you can go to “Tools -> Web Developer -> Console”

Find information about how to open JavaScript browser console :

Let me know what JavaScript errors if any you are getting when you face this issue.

Best Regards,
Movin

It’s version 1.0.2., should be the latest.

The console throws the following error out:

TypeError: $(…).flexslider is not a function
<anonym>
shapely-scripts.js:139
n.Callbacks/i()
jquery.js:2
n.Callbacks/j.fireWith()
.ready()
K()
shapely-scripts.js:139:5

Looking at the source of the page there is no trace of flexslider.min.js. It is not loaded.

Thanks for helping me out.

Jetpack carousel may be not working on your site due to this javascript error message so try resolving this error by using the solution posted in the following topic.

https://colorlibsupport.com/t/wp-tiles-and-shapely-issue/#post-51075

Yay, that works! Thanks so much!

You are most welcome here :slight_smile: