js/active.js not working in IE on CA App theme

Hi

I am using CA App (CA App Landing - Free Mobile App Landing Website Template - Colorlib) and tried figuring out what I did wrong because the home page just won’t load on IE (IE11 tested). After a while I realised that this theme isn’t working on the original version also, which you can verify by opening https://colorlib.com/demo?theme=ca-app in IE11. After digging some more it seems the problem is caused by js/active.js. This is causing the preloader to hang and also prevents the testimonial slider from functioning. Do you have a solution for this problem?

Regards

Wilbert

Hi Wilbert,

I hope you are well today and thanks for posting here.

I could confirm the issue on demo site therefore notified the theme developer about this so that it will be fixed.

The issue will be fixed ASAP.

In the meanwhile you can try resolving the issue by hiding the preloader using below custom CSS code.

#preloader {
display: none;
}

Best Regards,
Movin

Hi Movin

Thanks for te reply and conformation. The problem is bigger then just the preloader, so simply not showing the preloader won’t fix the problem. For instance, also the testimonials do not load correct. The same goes for all the fancy animations, fading in buttons and the footer with logo appearing from beneath the content. You can test this by inspecting the element source and deleting the preloader section.

Regards

Wilbert

I don’t have IE so tested it on simulator but couldn’t reproduce the issue. I will test it on IE ASAP.

Could you please tell me why you think it is an issue with js/active.js file which will help me to troubleshoot the issue?

See screenshots

Thank you for providing helpful information that will help us to resolve the issue ASAP.

In the meanwhile you can try resolving the issue by removing the following line of code from theme file /js/active.js

'use strict';

Hi

Thanks again for the quick reply. I can confirm that this works somewhat. However, it only has effect after removing the preloader code from index.html. Als the user has to allow the execution of (activex) scripts for the special effects to work. Whitout this scripts executed the animations and - more importantly - the caroussel do not function. The latter is shown beneath each other, the same as the previous provided screenshot (ie-error-2.png).

Regards
Wilbert

Ok we are troubleshooting the issue and will fix it in the template ASAP.

Hi,
Have you found a solution to the problem because the website still does not open to IE?

Regards