Language flag images in navigation bar are not visible

Dear Support Member,

In a site I made with the Travelify theme, I added three language flags to the menu to change between languages of the same page using polylang. In Desktop mode everything just works, but on mobile devices the menu shows three empty list items. On Polylang’s support page dedicated to this problem, they suggest to start a ticket at the theme’s support desk, so here I am: How can I solve this problem?

This is probably against your rules, but there’s another small issue I have and if the solution is simple, I’d very much like to hear it: I’d like to remove the colored top bar, is that possible?

Yours sincerely,

Tobias van Driessel

Hello there,

I hope you are doing well today.

As it stands, typically we would not be able to provide support for third party plugins but you can use the following plugin to regenerate the images used:

/*Remove top border*/
#main-nav ul li ul, body {
    border: none;
}

Best Regards,
Support

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thanks for your quick reply, I understand your stance on third party plug-ins, so thanks for your feedback. However, the problem is not necessarily linked to the third party plug-in, but rather to being unable to display images in the menu bar. The solution offered does not solve the problem, do you by chance know any other fixes to display images in the menu bar?

Thanks for the piece of code, that worked like a charm!

Yours Sincerely,

Tobias van Driessel

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us, but images in the header isn’t a supported feature by the theme.

This can be achieved with a third party plug-in which we do not recommend.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,
Support

Dear Support member,

Thanks for your sincere answer, may I ask what the name of the plug-in is and why you won’t recommend it? It might just be what we want, as we spent quite some time already fitting our content in Polylang’s format.

With kind Regards,

Tobias van Driessel

Hey there,
Hope you’re doing well today

In order to better assist you, kindly provide me with a link to the site so that I may have a closer look at the code and see if there’s anything suspicious and perhaps, solve this issue.

Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Support