Latest News Section - Height of previews on homepage

I’m having a bit of an issue with setting the preview height of the “Latest News” posts on my homepage. In the customise section, I can change it to “Number of words in post entry” which is fine if the site is in English, but the problem is, this site is in Chinese. It doesn’t recognise the Chinese characters as words so it is showing the whole post as the preview (see attachment)

Can anyone help with custom CSS ? I only want to change the height to a set size/limit to about 400px, the width is perfect.

Hello there,

I hope you are doing well today.

Could you please provide a link to the page so that I can inspect it and see what solution would be better here?

Best Regards,
Support

Unfortunately, I can’t. The site is on my local drive and not live yet. Hence the screenshot.

Hey there

1. we definitely need live site to generate custom css, so one option for you is to refresh this ticket once you make it live
  2. have you tried default excerpt field under the post editor?

OK, I will refresh once the site is live.

No problem, we are here :slight_smile:

Hey guys. Finally made the site live so you can check it out and kindly offer some suggestions.

https://radenso.com.cn/

Hello ,

Thanks for the link but in this case please try adding an excerpt to the posts because the text will still appear even if we add CSS to change the background of the container.

This guide will help:

Best Regards,
Support

Awesome thank you. The More Tag option worked perfectly.

I will close this case now, Feel free to contact us again if you have other questions Thanks!