Latest News Section only shows a button (no excerpts)

Hi,

The Latest News Section is not displaying excerpts from the blog articles I have written.

Have I missed something?

Kind regards,

Hey there,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

To make things easier for you I suggest setting up the website like the demo.
Then you can change it to your liking.

Here’s a link to the documentation on how to use the theme and get things set up.

Best regards,
Support.

Hi,

Yes, I started with the demo content, but now they are not appearing.

I have done too much work on the site to start again.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Regards,

Hi there

Let me set up this for you, please send me your access credentials along with your website URL and I will investigate this case. Don’t forget to mark your reply as private!

Thanks!
Colorlib Support Team

Hi,
This is the URL: https://www.123dpo.com/a_q71R4lriTqDi6N-_j9/access.php
Username: colorlib
Password: lIeJON8kY%&1kDY

Thanks for looking into this.

Kind regards,

Hello there,

The issue here is the child theme, when you use the default theme the posts appear in the recent posts section so you need to ensure that the child theme has copied over the core theme files over, such as the fuctions.php, hompage.php and index.php.

Usually, we recommend the following plugin to create child themes:

Best Regards,
Support

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I cannot find a file called homapge.php. I copied index.php from the Illdy directory to the child theme directory. functions.php contains many relative paths so that is not easy to copy over.

You wrote, “such as”, can you be a little more specific?

The blog excerpts are still not displaying.

Kind regards

Hello there,

I am sorry for the inconvenience caused here.

These are the files that are used in the homepage news sections:
front-page-latest-news.php
extras.php
functions.php

Best Regards,
Support

Hi,

I have copied the three files into the child theme and the website only shows a blank page.

Kind Regards,

Hello there,

In this case, please deactivate the child theme then use the child theme configuration plugin to create a new child theme.

Best Regards,
Support

Hi,

I created a new child theme using the Child Theme Configurator plugin, but that just removes all my content. The site reverts back to the default content.

Isn’t there a simpler solution to the original issue?

Regards,

Hello there,

I hope you are doing well today.

You would have to use a third party plugin to add the menu to the footer. Here are some options:

Best Regards,
Support

Hi,

I don’t think I need the footer menu. It is all the content which is back to the default.

All I am trying to do is fix the blog posts not showing on the home page.

Regards,

Hi @antonimo

Can you tell me your modifications in the child theme? i mean, you are using child theme but have you changed anything in it? have you modified parent theme functions with a child theme?
its absolutely not necessary to use child theme if you are not modifying parent theme functions and possibilities