Layout override

Hello!
I’m trying to set custom page template to my Shop page (woocommerce).
But I found that layout settings, established via Customize -> Unite Options -> Layout Options were override all of the settings in my Shop page.

For example, I set up “Right Sidebar” option in Layout Options, and then - “Default Template”(which includes sidebars). No sidebars was shown…

So, global theme option prevent local page templates for being established. How can I fight this?

With best wishes, Andrey.

Hi Andrey,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

Could you please share me the screenshots of layout settings that you have set and page URL from your site where it’s not displaying correctly so that i can troubleshoot it?

Kind Regards,
Movin

Good day.
Sorry for a late response.
I’ve cleared this problem to myself, but just partially.
Main issue that I’m facing now is:

• I want to enable right sidebar on Shop page. But if general theme settings (please see appropriate screenshot) are set to “Full width” I can’t do it, even if I enable sidebar on particular Shop page (see Shop page preferences screenshot);
  • in other case, when I set general theme options to “Right sidebar” my Shop page gets sidebar. But, my product pages also gets it (product view screenshot) - this is unwanted behavior…

So I have a problem with tuning sidebars. Can you advice me please:

• how to hide sidebar on Product page, when general setting is set to show sidebar?
  • how to enable sidebar on Shop page, when general setting is set to hide sidebar?

Unfortunately I can’t give you a link to site, because it’s only draft on my local server.

With best wishes, Andrey.

Hi Andrey,

– how to hide sidebar on Product page, when general setting is set to show sidebar?

You can try achieving this by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Unite Options -> Other -> Custom CSS

body.single-product div#primary {
    width: 100%;
}
body.single-product div#secondary {
    display: none;
}
– how to enable sidebar on Shop page, when general setting is set to hide sidebar?

To achieve this you have to create child theme of Unite theme and develop custom code in it.

Developing custom code for custom functionality is beyond the scope of support that we provide here.

If you are not a developer then you can consider hiring a developer to develop it for you. You can hire a developer from any freelance site. Colorlib recommends the developer https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~011652ffec8865c6d5 http://freewptp.com/contact

Best Regards,
Movin