Layout width

At first I would like to say thank you for this really stunning theme. It is fun to work with it even as an amateur like me.

One question: Is it possible to restrict the width of the whole layout to 1280 pix for example? If I use slider images of this size, everything would fit nicely even if the web site is opened on a wider screen.

Thank you very much for you answer.
kind regards
Wilfried

@wilfra

Add this to Theme Options - Other - Custom CSS

@media (min-width:1300px){
    .container {
        width: 1280px;
    }
}    

But to play this new layout nicely you will have to change $content_width

if ( ! isset( $content_width ) ) {
	$content_width = 730; /* pixels */
}

and

add_image_size( 'dazzling-featured', 730, 410, true );

To 803px instead of default 730px as the new layout is now widder. Both these values can be found inside functions.php

Afterwards you will have to regenerate thumbnails as WordPress won’t do it automatically. You can use plugin such as this one to automate this process.

To clarify what I mean, here is a screen shot:

Screenshot

The size of the slider image is 1280px. On a screen/browser window everything looks perfect up to 1280px. But on a wider screen there are a not so nice looking gaps on the left and right side of the image.
I would like to have always aligned the menu, header, slider, action and footer. That means in my case the responsive layout should only expand up to 1280px. How to achieve this?

Thanks and kind regards
Wilfried

Hello Aigars,
thank you very much for your answer. I was busy writing and only saw your reply when I had posted my hopefully more precise question.

Isn’t the layout smaller now? 1280px instead of 1980px?

kind regards
Wilfried

Replace
<div id="page" class="hfeed site">

With this inside header.php file

<div id="page" class="container hfeed site">

Now there will be some problems from place to place if you use this theme to fullest. Most common layout problems might appear in footer. If so, just remove container from elements inside footer.php Or elsewhere if layout doesn’t feel right to you.