Left-side bar option

When the left sidebar is selected as the default layout for the “posts” page, the “Categories” page displays as right sidebar. I looked at the code in Chrome and in the body it does say left but it’s not displaying as that.

class=“blog hfeed has-sidebar-left mprm_chrome”

In addition, the left sidebar disappears on mobile with this option.

Please advise.

Thank you.

Hi @oceansurf,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your questions.

When the left sidebar is selected as the default layout for the “posts” page, the “Categories” page displays as right sidebar. I looked at the code in Chrome and in the body it does say left but it’s not displaying as that.

Have you set the left sidebar layout only for the specific post or page or for entire site in the theme customizer settings?

In addition, the left sidebar disappears on mobile with this option.

Could you please share me your site URL where it’s happening so that i can troubleshoot it?

Also please make note that the sidebar displays below the content on mobile devices.

Best Regards,
Movin

Left sidebar is selected in the layout option. The page that is showing incorrectly is the “Category” page. So when you select a category tag…eg. News…it defaults to right sidebar. I am currently working with DesktopServer so the url is unavailable but the issue is visible with the demo content as well.

Thank you for your assistance.

I could confirm the issue on my test site therefore i have notified the theme developer about this so that it can be fixed.

In the meanwhile you can fix this issue by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Customize -> Shapely Options -> Other

.archive.category #primary {
    float: right;
}

Thank you it worked!

As well, is there any code I can use to prevent the left sidebar from disappearing in mobile view? This issue is visible as well using the demo content.

You are most welcome here :slight_smile:

As well, is there any code I can use to prevent the left sidebar from disappearing in mobile view? This issue is visible as well using the demo content.

In mobile view the sidebar appears below the content.

no it’s completely gone?? I don’t see the content at all below. I see the stacking of content only when it’s right sidebar. Thanks for you help.

Could you please share me the page URL from your site where it is not displaying correctly so that i can troubleshoot it?