Logo dot

Hello.

I have a slight problem. After inserting a logo into my website there is a small white circle next to it

is there any way of removing that?

It is definitely not in the picture it must be a part of the theme as it changes position depending on where the logo is.

Thanks

Hey there,
Hope you’re doing well today

Unfortunately, without access to your site, I’ll be unable to check the code and provide you with a solution. did you manage to get your site online?
If you have, please share a link with me so that I can take a look at the code and get that removed for you.

I look forward to your reply :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
Support

sadly as mentioned in a previous thread i am not allowed to put the website up until it is completely finished

The item must be somewhere in the
#header .top-header area

Link to the picture

that’s what it looks like and it is annoying to have it there

Thanks for the reply

I am guessing that we dont know how to deal with it. i simply cant find the CSS to remove it

Hello there,

I hope you are doing well today.

I am sorry for the inconvenience caused here but with this kind of issue we would need to see the age to insect it and test possible solutions.

In this case, you could provide us with user login credentials in a private message [It is in a checkbox below the text area] so that we can login and take a look.

Best Regards,
Support

That is not possible since it is not online yet. could be done with something like Teamweaver only.

website will go online once it is 100%

Hello there,

Thanks for your reply.

As it goes for the logo, please try uploading another logo/image to see if the problem persists. If it does, then the CSS is the issue but if it does not then the image is the issue.

Best Regards,
Support

I have done that before and the problem persists.

thanks

Found the solution.
It was a Custom widget area plugin that made the dot.

removed it by targeting the widget area with CSS
and adding
list-style: none!important;

Hello there,

I am glad that you found a solution to the issue.
Please feel free to contact us again in the future regarding any other issues.

Best Regards,
Support