Lost formatting when exporting from Wordpress blog

Hello,

I’ve been searching for hours but can’t find a solution and it’s driving me insane.

The formatting on my wordpress hosted blog - allaboardthefraytrain.wordpress.com worked fine. Just hit return and it would put it into paragraphs perfectly.

I got my own address, allaboardthefraytrain.com, exported all the blog posts, and they have lost all their formatting. The blog posts just come out as one massive chunk of text - not easy on the eye.

The plugins I have are Envira gallery, Jetpack, and Easy Social Share Buttons.

Using the Visual or Text makes no difference… there are just no breaks. I just want the posts to be paragraphed like this message. For the record, I know nothing about CSS code.

Can anybody help?
Thanks

Hi @allaboardthefraytrain,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

I visited your shared site allaboardthefraytrain.com and found the paragraph is displaying fine as shown in the attached screenshot.

Is it working fine for you now?

Please advise.

Best Regards,
Movin

Good morning,

Thanks for the reply. Yesterday I found that if I use the text editor and manually enter <p></p> and <div> then it will stick, but the visual editor just doesn’t retain anything (enter twice = nothing. Shift + enter = nothing… Just continuous text with no spacing).

This workaround is ok for the main pages with short bits of text, but I have 50+ blog posts that lost all formatting after importing them.

I thought it might be a browser issue, but I’ve tried Mac with Firefox and Safari, and PC with Chrome and Firefox

Hi @allaboardthefraytrain,

Could you please share me some posts URLs from your site where the paragraphs are not displaying so that i can troubleshoot it?

Regards,
Movin