Lost the images set as featured post within single posts

My apologies if this has been answered before, but I’ve been going in circles for days and finally have to ask for help. I created a portfolio appearing on my homepage by creating posts and setting the featured image. These appear as expected on the homepage, but when clicked and the post page opens, the image that was once there has disappeared for all posts. I found one post that says ‘don’t add this image to the post or it will display twice’. I’ve tried that and i can’t get any image to show once.

I expect this is a simple toggle somewhere, but I cannot find anything and similar issues posted have not solved the problem. Thanks for your help.

Hi there

Hope you are having a good day and thank you for your question :slight_smile:
I don’t know why this is the problem, you would add featured image in the post, this is necessary without this you will not have an image on the homepage or in the single portfolio page, if this is the problem then i can check it. in other words, if default options is not working then this is the question for us and will check it
please include a link to your website

Thanks!
Colorlib Support Team

Thanks for the quick reply. I think all settings are default, but I may have made some changes since trying to fix this. Is there an easy way to reset all settings to default just in case? The website is kinetoscape.twoeighteen.ca

Thanks again for your help

Hi

“Is there an easy way to reset all settings to default just in case?” - There is only one way to reset wordpress to its default state, without anything, but im not sure if this is what you wanted :slight_smile:
regarding images, please deactivate all third party plugins and try again your problem, most probably this I conflict with third-party plugins.
Once you deactivate all plugins please check your problem again, if the problem is gone then this means it was a plugin conflict. Now, start activating plugins one by one and same time repeat your problem until your problem appears again, now you know which plugin was in conflict Thanks!
Colorlib Support Team

Thanks Noda! I disabled most plugins except Jetpack because that provides the portfolio itself. None of these impacted the image display. However, it turns out that a setting within Jetpack was the problem. I had toggled “Load Lazy Images” to speed up page loading time. Odd because it’s Jetpack’s own feature. Anyway, thanks to your help it’s back and working now.

Hi, there

You are most welcome here :slight_smile:
Now I will now close the topic and mark it as resolved. Feel free to contact us again Thanks!