Mailchimp RSS feed problem

I’ve been trying to set up an RSS feed campaign in mailchimp but it is saying the feed URL is invalid.

I’ve followed all the help advice given out and it seems that everywhere else the feed is valid:

I’ve tried the following:

http://www.cantravelwilltravel.com/index.php/feed/

So far I’ve tried the following to fix it:

1. Deactivating all plugins - this didn’t resolve the problem

2. Switched to another theme (Twenty Sixteen theme) - this resolved the problem which leads me to believe it is a theme related issue. I’m using Travelify Child Theme.

3. Tried Travelify theme - this also resolved the problem

Please can someone advise how to fix this?

Hi;

Is anyone able to help me with this problem please?

Thanks
Tanya

Hi Tanya,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

If it is working fine with Travelify theme then it seems the issue with your child theme so could you please share me your child theme so that i can troubleshoot it on my test site?

Kind Regards,
Movin

Hi Movin;

Yes I believe it is a problem with the child theme.

Can you please advise how I can share the childtheme with you? Sorry but I’m very new to all this.

I’m using the Traveliffy Child Theme - but not sure how I share this with you. The URL is:

http://www.cantravelwilltravel.com/wp-admin/customize.php?theme=travelify-child&return=%2Fwp-admin%2Fthemes.php

Thanks
Tanya

You can install any of the following plugins on your site that will provide you option to download your child theme that you can share with me here.

Hi;

I’ve downloaded the child theme and attached below.

Really appreciate your help!

Thanks
Tanya

I have tested it on my test site using your shared child theme and it’s working fine for me.

Would you mind if i log in to your site and do some troubleshooting? If this is ok then could you please share me your site log in details privately by checking the option “Set as private reply” when replying to this topic?

Hi Movin;

O.K. that would be great thankyou.

My login details are as follows:

Username - TanyaKorteling
Password - Korteling1!

Mailchimp - same username and password as above

Just on the off chance - whilst you’re in there - I’ve spent many an hour trying to get my sticky post on the Home page to show the full content rather than just an excerpt. It should be a map. Are you able to help with that too?

Thanks for all your help!

Tanya

Hi Movin;

Have you had any luck with this yet please?

Thanks
Tanya

Thank you for sharing the login details.

I logged in to your site and tried to edit the .htaccess file of WordPress to resolve the issue but that resulted in error and i can’t access your site now from admin area so could you please share me your site FTP or cPanel details so that i can access it and resolve the issue?

Hi Movin;

My cpanel login details are:

www.bluehost.com

Username: [email protected]

Password: Bangladesh1!

Thanks
Tanya

I tried to login to your site cPanel on the following URLs using shared details but it is not working for me.

http://www.yoursite.com:2082/
https://my.bluehost.com/web-hosting/cplogin

Please advise.

Ah sorry - try

www.bluehost.com

username: cantrave

password: Bangladesh

The shared details are also not working for me as shown in the attached screenshot.

Hi I’ve just tried this end and the following login details definitely work:

URL:
https://my.bluehost.com/web-hosting/cplogin

Username:
cantrave

Password:
Bangladesh1!

the username and password are case sensitive.

Please let me know if you have any more problems. Fingers crossed it can be fixed!

The updated shared credentials worked and i restored your site.

Hi Movin;

I see my site is now back up…but the menu/ navigation bar has vanished from the mobile optimised version (I can see it on my desktop but not my phone).

Could this be due to what you’re doing to fix the RSS feed?

Thanks
Tanya

Hi;

Thanks so I can see the site is back up, Thankyou. Will you still be able to
look at the RSS feed problem for me please?

Also since the site has come back up the navigation bar/ menu can no longer be seen from mobile devices. Please can you fix this as it was working before!

Thanks a lot
Tanya

I am still troubleshooting the RSS feed issue on your site.

Also since the site has come back up the navigation bar/ menu can no longer be seen from mobile devices. Please can you fix this as it was working before!

I didn’t change anything in your site that caused this issue.

This can be child theme issue on your site so to confirm it just temporary use the Travelify theme instead of child theme on your site. If everything works fine then it’s your child theme issue.

Also this can be due to plugin conflict on your site so please try temporary deactivating all plugins and see whether everything works fine and then enable the plugins one by one to see which plugin is conflicting if any.

Hi;

Ok that’s all great. I’ll wait until the RSS feed is fixed before trying to resolve the menu/ navigation bar issue.

Probably safer than us both doing things on the site at the same time!

Thanks
Tanya