Main menue look

Hi Movin,
I have looked through the forum, but could not find answers to my questions, so here they are:

1. How do I remove the padding above, between and below the lines in the main menu box? At the moment it is too wide and takes up too much screen real estate. I would like to just have the two lines with headings and that’s it.
  2. I would like to change the background colour of the menu box to blue and the text colour of the menu to white.
    An image illustrating my questions is attached.

Thanks very much for your help. Jenia

Hi Jenia,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your questions.

1. How do I remove the padding above, between and below the lines in the main menu box? At the moment it is too wide and takes up too much screen real estate. I would like to just have the two lines with headings and that’s it.

You can try reducing the padding by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Customize -> Activello Options -> Other -> Custom CSS

.navbar-default .navbar-nav> li> a {
    padding: 10px 0;
}
.nav-search {
    padding: 10px 0;
}
2. I would like to change the background colour of the menu box to blue and the text colour of the menu to white. An image illustrating my questions is attached.

To achieve this use the below custom CSS code as described above.

nav.navbar.navbar-default {
    background-color: #115ae4;
    color: #fff;
}
.navbar-default .navbar-nav> li> a {
    color: #fff;
}

Best Regards,
Movin

Thanks very much, Movin.

You are most welcome here :slight_smile:

Hi Movin,
I have another question about the menu. I want to create submenu for some items on the main menu. For example, I would like ‘shop’ to appear on the main menu and ‘basket’, ‘checkout’ and ‘policies’ to be on a submenu under the ‘shop’ heading. I have made ‘shop’ the parent page for the three abovementioned pages and if I look at the main menu structure in my dashboard, it shows them as subordinate pages to ‘shop’, however, when I look at the site, all four appear at the main menu level. Have I done something wrong? Here is the link to my development are: http://rakitacraft.co.uk.gridhosted.co.uk/. Thanks very much, Jenia

To help us keep support thread separates could you please create new thread for each of your other questions here https://colorlibsupport.com/c/activello/ instead of asking them in your single thread as it makes the thread messy and hard to read.

If you want to you can also add reference of this thread in your newly created thread.

We would be more than happy to help you on your new thread.