Making changes to style.css

Hello. First off I love this theme and the support. That said, I can’t seem to find an answer to this problem.

I have made a number of changes to the style.css file, and yes I realize that when I update they will be lost.

That said, I have made a number of color, font and font size changes. Yet when I save the file, its saves ok but when I view the page and inspect the code, the changes are not showing. Help!

Hi,

Sorry that you lost your customization, please always create a child theme for customization, Child Themes « WordPress Codex or use Appearance -> Customize -> Additional CSS for extra CSS, don’t always edit the style.css file.

In that case, either it is browser cache or the CSS selector is wrong. Please double check the CSS selector using Firebug or Chorme developer tool ( F12 tools ) and also clear the browser cache to see that works…

If that didn’t work, please tell us which thing you changed, and what CSS you’re using, provide both of the information, I’ll check and update you what goes wrong.

Let us know,

Thanks,
laranz.

Thanks for getting back to me. I have not, as yet, lost my customization so thats the good news. I just cleared my cache and check in a browser again (Chrome) and Inspected the element. Attached is a screen shot which shows the purple color still being used and the font size set at 12px.
I have also attached a screenshot of the code changes I made to the same CSS elements.

You can close this as it appears the issue was in fact a caching issue and I had not cleared everything I needed to. Thanks