Making Read more button to look the same in the homepage as the search page

Hi,

i read the post where someone looked for help to make the “Read more” button to look the same on search results page as the homepage one.

I tried the solution:
Admin Area -> Appearance -> Customize -> Activello Options -> Other -> Custom CSS

#page a.read-more {
border-left: 2px solid #696969;
border-right: 2px solid #696969;
color: #696969;
font-family: ‘Maven Pro’, sans-serif;
font-weight: 700;
line-height: 1.2;
letter-spacing: 1px;
display: inline-block;
padding: 0 10px;
text-transform: uppercase;
background: transparent;
border-radius: 0;
}

But it doesn’t work.

Also i need help to translate the “posted on” and “by” (author) to spanish, and change the date order (here we use day, month and year, in that order).

Thanks for the help!

Our website is www.mamitasom.cl , our theme is Activello.

Hello there,

I hope you are doing well today.

Just to confirm, you want the blog read more button to look the same as the button on the search results page?

You can use the following plugins to translate the phrase and the theme:

Best Regards,
Support

you want the blog read more button to look the same as the button on the search results page? Yes

HI there

Use this css:

.rt-tpg-container .layout1 .rt-holder .rt-detail .read-more a {
background-color: #f2f2f2 !important;
color: #696969 !important;
font-weight: 100 !important;
border: none !important;
font-family: “Montserrat”, sans-serif !important;
font-size: 12px !important;
padding: 8px 20px !important;
line-height: 16px !important;
}

Excelent!! thank you so much, it worked but i had to change some of it in order to make it look the same as the other button.

.rt-tpg-container .layout1 .rt-holder .rt-detail .read-more a { background-color: transparent !important;

color: #696969 !important;
font-weight: 700 !important;
border-left: 2px solid #696969
!important; border-right: 2px solid #696969 !important;
font-family: “Maven Pro”, sans-serif !important;
font-size: 15px !important;
padding: 0px 10px !important;
line-height: 16px !important;
letter-spacing: 1px !important;
display: inline-block !important;
text-transform: uppercase !important;
border-radius: 0 !important;
}

I downloaded the plugins to translate “posted on” and “by” but i’m worried that i’m going to mess the other translations that i’ve made, i’ve made them in the editor of wordpress, is it possible to do only the translation of “posted on” and “by” directly in the editor? do you know where can i find them?

Hi there

Translation instruction in this theme is absolutely same as any other WordPress theme, you can use provided a plugin to translate strings in the theme, you can also use Poedit translation method to translate strings r WPML, this is up to you. the problem you may meet is that some strings maybe missed from the translation strings list, in this case, you have to use the first plugin to identify where particular string is located in particular file, in this case you have to translate sting in the file directly, hope this makes sense :slight_smile:

Most uses of the Read More tag are used in conjunction with the WordPress excerpt function which displays a set amount words/characters. By default, WordPress limits this to a set amount of words, but I’ll show you soon how to adjust this setting.

The excerpt tag in WordPress is a small line of PHP that looks like this:

<?php the_excerpt(); ?>
It can be swapped out for the_content() template tag when feasible. More often than not, you will have a blog index page that lists your most recent posts. These posts can use excerpts by simply swapping out the_content() template tag for the_excerpt() template tag.

https://mobdro.ooo

Hi there

Any default WordPress function modification is on you and you can do anything you wish in the theme, don’t forget to use a child theme for this
Is there anything else?

Very nice this comments and ans. Thank for sharing

Thanks, there isn’t anything else.

Ok, guys, im going to close this case since question is already answered, we all know what to do in case we have a new question :wink:
have a super day