Menu breaks in mobile view

I’m not sure what’s happening, but my menu seems to break when you get down to a mobile size. When the menu toggle is selected, “HOME” will appear under the header, but the other menu items do not appear. It does not do an accordion fold-out like on the demo.

The header background also does not expand down, as in the demo, when tablet-sized. Although I’m more concerned about it not working in mobile.

www.cheerstoveganwine.com

Any help appreciated.

Hi Ksimmons,

We’ve visited your blog and figured out what’s wrong. You’ve specified a navigation bar height of 110px in style.css line no. 798.

Edit style.css inside the sparkling folder and search for the keyword “.navbar.navbar-default”

In your current style sheet, the navigation bar code looks like the one below:

.navbar.navbar-default {
  background-color: #363636;
  font-family: 'Open Sans', serif;
  margin-bottom: 0;
  font-weight: 500;

height:110px;

}

You need to remove the height:110px; entry from the code and it should fix the view on mobile as well as tablet.

New code should look like:

.navbar.navbar-default {
  background-color: #363636;
  font-family: 'Open Sans', serif;
  margin-bottom: 0;
  font-weight: 500;
}

Remove the height: 110px; entry, save the file, exit the editor and refresh the website to see the changes.

In case any further assistance is required, please let us know.

Brilliant, thanks. That worked.

Hi Amit,

I have removed the `height: 110px;
But it still doesnt work on mobile view. :frowning:

My web: paperchecker.org

Could you please help me to solve this problem?

Thank you in advance.

Hi Greatgreg,

Please copy the following code and paste it into custom styles in theme options [Appearance > Theme Options > Other] (It can also be included at the end of the stylesheet if you’re using a child theme):

@media(max-width:767px) {
  #content {
  margin-top:12px !important;
}

Let us know if this solves the problem.

Hi Amit,
I’m having the exact same problem.
I never had the height:110px; to remove in the first place, but I tried copying and pasting the code you supplied in your last message and got nothing :frowning:

Hi Amit,

It works on iPad mini! :slight_smile:
But, the submenu won’t go back to the previous position automatically instead.

I hope you could give me some suggestion.
Thank you.

Best wishes,
Greg