Menu not appearing correctly, changing of font colour, icons not appearing

Hi,

I have a few issues with the Shapely theme.

1. The menu doesn’t appear on the top in the desktop version, is there anyway to fix that?
    http://www.sfxchurch.sg/

2. Is it possible to change the font colour to pure black instead of grey throughout the site?

3. The icons for facebook and instagram have disappeared at the bottom. Is there a way to correct that?

4. How do i reduce the space on the main page ‘What’s happening at the Parish?’ I used the title of a section because I needed a title that was centered. The usual rich text bar was aligned to the side.

The interface also seems a bit buggy compared to when I was editing this a year ago? When the live preview refreshes, it automatically adds<br /> when i was adding in the features making spacing very difficult and the icons in general keep disappearing. Is it because of the other plugins I’ve added?

Hi there,
Thanks for reaching out.
In reference to your questions here.

1. I can actually see the menu in place after clicking on the hamburger menu icon. Could I be missing out on something here?
  2. Please try out the following CSS code under the Appearance>Customize>Additional CSS section:

p {
color: #000;
}
3. Do try adding the following line of code to your .htaccess file within the root of your site files

<FilesMatch “.(ttf|otf|eot)$”> <IfModule mod_headers.c> Header set Access-Control-Allow-Origin “*” </IfModule>
</FilesMatch>

1. Please try out the following CSS code:
    section, footer {
    padding: 16px 0;
    }

I hope this helps.
Best Regards,
Support.

Hi,

thanks for the swift reply!
Just 2 more questions -

I’m not sure how to get here:
3. Do try adding the following line of code to your .htaccess file within the root of your site files
<FilesMatch “.(ttf|otf|eot)$”> <IfModule mod_headers.c> Header set Access-Control-Allow-Origin “*” </IfModule>
</FilesMatch>

For 1, I attached a screenshot of the theme from about 1 year ago, the words appeared on the top and weren’t hidden in the hamburger menu, could i have the menu as such? It appears that way on the current shapely theme demo as well.

Hi, do let me know if there is any update on this.
Thank you!

Hi there

Sorry for the delay

1. you need to login in your hosting account and then by using file browser you have to open mentioned file: .htaccess you can find it in in the root folder of the WordPress
  2. this, cannot be happened by itself, most probably you customized it somewhere, if you use original theme this will not happen for sure