Messed up the blog page

Hi,
I was trying to play around with the landing page and the blog page. And for some reason I seem to have screwed it up. Now the landing page is no longer the blog and i don’t have a page in itself that contains the blog posts. It used to be there and the page was called Blog.

As I am still playing with the theme to understand how it works there isn’t much content. I could easily start over i.e. re-downloading the theme.

What the best option and how do I do both?

Thanks!

Hi there
Hope you are having a good day and thank you for your question
The best thing, in this case, is to start over, both we will save more time if you start everything from scratch, just reseat your installation and start again :slight_smile:
Thanks!
Colorlib Support Team

hi Noda,
I have deleted and reinstalled the theme, thank you for your advise.
I am still confused though perhaps I didn’t explain properly earlier.
I would like the front page i.e. when I click on the name of the website at the top, or when someone searches www.ollanto.com to show the blog posts. hence the front page needs to be set up as my latest posts (which is the case in my website settings).
however, I also would like to have a page in my menu, which brings the website users to the blog posts should they navigate to other pages after landing to the main/home page.
I have therefore added the blog page to my menu, however, it shows the static page with the following message instead of the blog posts index: Use this static Page to test the Theme’s handling of the Blog Posts Index page. If the site is set to display a static Page on the Front Page, and this Page is set to display the Blog Posts Index, then this text should not appear.
How do I fix this i.e. showing a page at the menu at the top which takes people to the blog posts.

another question I have since I am typing this support request, is how do I add pages or a menu at the bottom of the website. does this theme support that type of menus? like for privacy policy, etc.

Hello

Maybe, i still have a problem in understanding questions and why, problem you are explaining in the post is already resolved on the website, you want to have blog roll on the homepage and i see its fixed, your homepage is blog page and i see blog posts on the page, what is the problem here?
regardign menu, you can include any page, posts, categry in the menu from appearance > menu,

Hi Noda,

In the Menu, I would like a link to the blog posts. Like a link to the home page, but displayed in the menu itself. At the moment, if you click on the link in my current menu called “Blog” it doesn’t link to the blog posts.

Thanks

First of all if you are not sharing any private sensitive data in your reply then please don’t mark your reply as private.

In the Menu, I would like a link to the blog posts. Like a link to the home page, but displayed in the menu itself. At the moment, if you click on the link in my current menu called “Blog” it doesn’t link to the blog posts.

I don’t see the blog menu item on your shared site as shown in the attached screenshot.

Please advise.

You can create a menu and add whatever page or menu item to it as described in the following page in the section “How To Setup Main Menu”