Mobile Dropdown Menu Problem - Menu not working for Sparkling theme

This must be a ridiculously simple problem to solve but I just can’t figure it out and I can’t find the solution anywhere. When I access the sparkling demo on a mobile device, the menu works fine, no problems. But when I access my own website with a mobile device, there is a bug that keeps the dropdown from working. The website I’m working on is belize.com.br. At first I thought maybe there was a problem with the theme and installed a mobile menu plugin as a quick fix but then I noticed sparkling works just fine on a mobile device. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

This is common “problem” but it can be resolved by looking into theme documentation which you can find here. Thee the last section “Attention” at the very end of it.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks a billion! When I didn’t see the solution in the menu section, I just skipped the rest of the documentation thinking there was nothing there.

No problem with that. I’m glad I could help :slight_smile:

Hi Aigars,

I have tried everything including adding the EBS plugin and configuring the settings per the ‘Attention’ section of the documentation and I still am not getting my submenu items to display when clicked on Mobile/tablet.

They display just fine when on Hover on desktop, just not getting anything when on mobile.

I have tried making my top level menu item a page as well as a custom link. I have added the title attribute “dropdown-header” and still no luck.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Scott

Scott,

Please post your website URL and I will look into it to see what is going on.

One thing that I want to point out right away is that dropdown-header title attribute servers completely different purpose and make sure to remove it as it is not required in your case.

Hello Algars,
I’ve got the same problem the OP had, but I’m fairly sure I configured the EBS plugin as per documentation said. I tried disabling that plugin and a lot of other ones but I couldn’t manage to have the dropdown menus working on mobile for my website.

The website is =ryadel.com/ , as you can see the dropdown menu items are not expanding if seen from a mobile device.

Hope you can help,

Hello Algars,

I’ve got the same problem the OP had, but I’m fairly sure I configured the EBS plugin as per documentation said. I also tried disabling that plugin and a lot of other ones but I couldn’t manage to have the dropdown menus working on mobile for my website.

The website is ryadel.com/ , as you can see the dropdown menu items are not expanding if seen from a mobile device.

Hope you can help,

Hello!

I am having problems with the menu not being responsive too - but I don’t have the Easy Bootstrap Shortcode plugin installed so I guess it can’t be that!

The website is: yachtemilymorgan.com The menu works fine on computer but not on Ipad or android phone.

Please can you suggest what else I can do?

Thanks!

@katie88

This thread is rather old and is already marked as resolved.

Please start your own thread and we will help you from there.

Sorry for inconvenience.

Done! You can find the new topic here.

Problem solved after some html code digging. Read here for more info and here for a detailed review of the issue which is most likely causing such behaviours.

…sorry to post under a …hmm …“resolved” thread, but why don’t you guys change a bit the forum? when it’s “resolved”, people should know about it and post in a new thread their NEW problem. What about auto-generating a comment about this?

Sorry, I appreciate this free theme and all the help Aigars provides, but This is a deficiency your forum should get fixed. On most of the threads I landed, you have this same problem again and again. And this is just an usability issue YOU should fix.

Hi everyone,

This forum help me so much. Thank you!

HQ