Modify footer for mobile version

Hi,

Could someone explain to me how to change the footer (propulsed by Wordpress) for mobile version.

Thank You.

Regards,

Jech

Hi Jech,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

Do you want to change the text of footer or want to hide it on mobile version?

Please advise.

Kind Regards,
Movin

Hi Movin,

Could you explain for the 2 solutions (change & hide) ? Maybe it could help someone else in the futur.

Regards

Jech

Providing two solutions will take my double time to develop it as i don’t have it ready so please tell me specifically what you want to achieve.

Ok, for myself i need to modify the text.

You can try modifying the text by using the attached custom child theme of Activello theme that contains following custom code in the functions.php file so just edit the text in this file to whatever you want to.

function custom_activello_footer_info() {
global $activello_footer_info;
  printf( esc_html__( 'Theme by %1$s Powered by %2$s', 'activello' ) , '<a href="https://colorlib.com/" target="_blank">Colorlib</a>', '<a href="http://wordpress.org/" target="_blank">WordPress</a>');
}

Hi Movin,

Before asking you i did try to modify this folowing code :

/**
 * function to show the footer info, copyright information
 */
function activello_footer_info() {
  printf( esc_html__( 'Véronique Peuchamiel, réflexologue plantaire et enseignante de Qi Gong · Création Cat‘n Honey Productions', 'activello' ));
}

It look all right on my website but not for mobile version. You could having a look by folowing this link : http://www.reflexologie-plantaire-bordeaux.com/

May i have to replace my code by yours ?

Regards.

Hi Jech,

Please note you are making changes in the theme files therefore you have to make these changes again after theme updation as changes made in the theme files get lost on theme updation so it’s recommended to use the child theme as i have shared previously to make the changes in the theme.

It look all right on my website but not for mobile version.

On mobile device it’s displaying for me as shown in the attached screenshot.

Are you getting the same result?

If yes then please tell me how you want it to display.

Regards,
Movin

Hi Movin,

Could you please private your answer because of the name on the picture you posted ?

My first picture is what i get on my smartphone, and it is not the same thing like what you see.

I think your picture is not the mobile version website. It is the same website you could see on your mobile & on a computer, and of course, the footer is ok.

Have a look to my 2nd picture. It is the same capture like yours, but if i click on “Voir le site pour les portables” (see the website for mobile), i haven’t got the good footer.

The website mobile version don’t have an active slider. It is disable. So if you see the slider, you don’t have the mobile version.

For information, i did only modify function.php in a child theme.

Regards.

Could you please private your answer because of the name on the picture you posted ?

Sorry for that. I made it private now.

My first picture is what i get on my smartphone, and it is not the same thing like what you see.

OK i understood it now.

This can be due to plugin conflict on your site so please try temporary deactivating all plugins and see whether everything works fine and then enable the plugins one by one to see which plugin is conflicting if any.

Hi I have a similar question but as someone who dont know much about php I am really confused by your answer. Do I upload whatever is in that zip file to my host or add those few lines in stylesheet (style.css)? I mean in order to change the text in the footer into clickable links like link to terms and conditions, privacy policies etc.

Just to clarity what I tried. I copied

function custom_activello_footer_info() {
printf( esc_html__( ‘Theme by %1$s Powered by %2$s’, ‘activello’ ) , ‘Colorlib’, ‘WordPress’);
}

to end of Activello: Theme Functions (functions.php)

I have changed clickable link and text and it didnt work.

@dailysurprises To help us keep support thread separates could you please create your own thread for your question here https://colorlibsupport.com/c/activello/ instead of replying on others thread as it makes the thread messy and hard to read.

If you want to you can also add reference of this thread in your newly created thread.

We would be more than happy to help you on your new thread.