<more> block doesn't work

Hi there,
I just tried to use the block to start a long text with an intro. The complete text should be shown after clicking “read more”

Therefor I placed the block after a choosen paragraph. But nothing happens after the blog has been published, the complete text is shown. No dividing of the text …

Best
Chris

Hey there

Chris tag is not for revealing remaining text, sorry but this is not possible you have to change approach or try something else instead

Regards

hmm? …but whats the “more” block for?

Hi

Its like an excerpts, check thus out for more details: How to Properly Use the More Tag in WordPress

hhm … frustrating, it doesn’t work. Is it a problem of the shapeley theme? I also tried to put in the html code <!–more–> : nothing happens. The whole text is seen and not just the text before of that <!-more-> html snippet.

I can see the read more function on so many websites with longer texts. How can this be done. Can’t believe that this is not possible with the shapeley theme …

Hi @colorchris

may I see the problem? please provide direct link to the page and let me know what is your expectations :slight_smile:

here’s the blog post:
https://a-casaccio.eu/weiterlesentest

on backend you see a tag is placed.

What I intend is the following: When viewing the page in frontend view, everything after/below this — weiterlesen— should be hidden at first, and only become visible after clicking on „weiterlesen".

But as you can see on frontend no — weiterlesen— is shown the whole text is displayed directly

Hi

“What I intend is the following: When viewing the page in frontend view, everything after/below this — weiterlesen— should be hidden at first, and only become visible after clicking on „weiterlesen”." - Sorry but no, tag is not intended wo work like this and I already shared details of how it works, please check above links :slight_smile: