Move sidebar to absolute right

Hi,

I had a question about the sidebar in the Activello theme.

I’m using the right sidebar layout, but want to move the sidebar to the right of the main container, so the content in this container is centered and the sidebar is to the right of this. Currently, the right sidebar is inside this container, which makes content shift a bit to the left, you can clearly see this when you scroll to the bottom and is a waste of space.

I have already checked out this topic which had the same question I think, but the solution did not solve my problem.

Thanks in advance. Activello is a fantastic theme.

Hi @terra,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

Could you please share me your site URL where you want to achieve it so that i can help you to achieve it?

Best Regards,
Movin

Hi,

Thank you for replying.

The website in question is www.terra.photos.

As you can see, I use the right sidebar layout for the homepage, but I would like the widgets on the right side to be right of the main container, so the main container can be centered and the sidebar next to it. Now both the main content and the sidebar are centered, with the sidebar simply being to the right of it.

Thanks in advance.

You can try achieving this by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Customize -> Additional CSS

.container.main-content-area {
    margin-right: 0;
}

Hi,

I tried this, but this moves everything to the right. I just want to move the sidebar to the right of the main content area, and thus outside of this container. I formulated this incorrectly in the title of this topic, I said “move side to absolute right”, but this doesn’t have to be the absolute right, just right next to the main container.

I already tried a lot of different things, but I think what I want to achieve asks for a lot of changes. I don’t even think you can do this in the Edit CSS module and need to make changes in the theme files themselves.

Yes you are right. To achieve this you have to develop custom code in the child theme of Activello theme.

Developing custom code for custom functionality is beyond the scope of support that we provide here.

If you are not a developer then you can consider hiring a developer to develop it for you. You can hire a developer from any freelance site. Colorlib recommends the developer https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~011652ffec8865c6d5