Move tags to top entry meta section & add entry meta section to home page posts

I am using a Sparkling child theme (not many changes). Located here: http://www.wholesomeyum.com

I have a couple of changes I want to make:

1. On individual post pages, I would like to move the tag cloud (div class “.tagcloud” which currently shows up in the footer) to right below the entry meta section (containing the date, category, and edit link).

2. I want to include the exact same entry meta information (date, category, edit link, and the aforementioned tag cloud that will be moved in 1 above) from individual post pages below post titles on the home page also.

How can I achieve this using the child theme? Thank you so much in advance!

Hi @wholesomeyum,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

You can achieve this by using the attached child theme of Sparkling theme that contains some custom code.

Best Regards,
Movin

Thank you very much!! This works great for the individual post pages (1 above), but the posts on the home page (with just title and excerpts) don’t show the entry meta section at all (2 above). (You can see the new changes at wholesomeyum.com). Is there a different file I need to edit?

Nevermind, I figured it out. My post type is ‘recipe’, not ‘post’, so I needed to change this line:

<?php if ( 'post' == get_post_type() ) : ?>

to:

<?php if ( 'recipe' == get_post_type() ) : ?>

Thanks again!

You are most welcome here :slight_smile: