Moving menus above the header/metaslider - HELP!!!

Hello!

The Sparkling theme is awesome. I’m loving everything about it, except for this one thing…

It’s my first time to create a Wordpress site and i was doing alright until i played around with header.php. Here’s what happened:

1. I was confused as to how to integrate a slider on the header banner (and not on the main body/blog) so i installed Metaslider as my plug-in. It worked well, but i’m SOOO LOST on how to put the menus ABOVE the header.

2. If i remember correctly, i found a wordpress forum which instructed that i should paste this code to where i wanted the slider to be, which is either BELOW or ABOVE the menus:

<?php
if (is_front_page() || is_home()) {
echo do_shortcode("[metaslider id=57]"); //replace 123 with slider ID
}
?>

1. I was able to put the metaslider above the menus, but now i’m having issues with sub-menus and i’d like to transfer it BELOW, so that the menus are above everything else. My problem is this: I’ve been copy-pasting it above/below a few codes which i’m not very familiar with and i haven’t had any luck. I’ve been searching in forums and the info overload is making me more confused.

I have no background in HTML/CSS/codes - it’s making my head bleed. :’(
Could someone share a step by step process on how to put the MENUS ABOVE EVERYTHING ELSE?

Any help would be appreciated! Thank you! :slight_smile:

Here’s a WIP: http://www.nicencozy.com

@nicenozybaguio

I see that you have already figured out everything but there is still completely random name showing up on your website:

You can remove it by editing header.php. This word appears right below this line of code:
<header id="masthead" class="site-header" role="banner">

Remove it and you will be all set.

Thank you so much! Awesome theme btw. :slight_smile: