Multisites with different header images

I build a multisite to realize two lnguage versions of the same site. For this i cloned the complete site with the plugin “MultiSite Clone Duplicator” and I am using the “Multisite Language Switcher”. All realized with a customized Travelify. Woks all good, but I want twi different header images for the two sites. I can do this in the travelify options, but when saved it allways shows the same imahe in both headers (the one, I used before cloning the site). There is also a path to the second site, which I can not find in the server file directories. Unforttunately I can not giv You a link, because the sites still rum local on XAMPP…
I am afraid, that both sites run on the same php-files and on teh same css (also the added custom css)
Anybody an idea how to “split” the header option for the two sites?
Would be sooo great!

Hello there,

I hope you are doing well today.

When you duplicated the site you need to ensure that the sites are not sharing any files. You may have to check to ensure that the site are not using the same files such as the functions.php file.

Best Regards,
Support

That’s what I am afraid they do. But how can I find it out – and if it is like that, change it?
The strange thing is, that the site which was generated by the “MultiSite Clone Duplicator” has a new adress with a subfolder, I named in the process, but that folder is no where on the webserver to be found…

The first URl is something like this:
http://localhost/motoloader/wp-admin/customize.php? …

And the second like this:
http://localhost/motoloader/international/wp-admin/customize.php? …
But there is no directory called “international” anywhere…

Hello there,

When you used the “MultiSite Clone Duplicator” to copy the files, was there an option to select what files you wanted to copy and the ones you did not want? It could be the case that you did not copy all the files needed for the them so it is defaulting to the original files. So, you would have to check the file location to see what files were not copied.

Best Regards,
Support

Thanx for now. Not your cup of tea anyway :wink:
I do not think it is a Travelify problem…
I checked everything to be copied by the way - but it seems both sites use the same php and css files. Maybe I should try to make an other copy (with eyes wide open…)

Hello there,

You are correct that this is not our specialty but we are still willing to help.
In this case, you can try duplicating the theme but ensure that all the files are duplicated so that both instances of theme have their own files to work with.

Best Regards,
Support

thank You anyway!
Just found out, that the plugIn is made for duplicating all sites, roles, even files and so on. But keeping one theme. This would be okay for most cases especially when building a multi language page. But as it looks, I have to find an other way, to make a complete copy. becaus I want to change the look of the two pages a little…
Do You know any tools to make a whole copy for use as a multisite by accident?

Hello there,

You can try using the following:

This plugin can also be used but it only works for multisite:

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,
Support

Thanx again. I am already checking out a few tools…
Have a nice day.
C. from Berlin

Hello there,

I am glad that I was able to help you.
Please feel free to contact us again in the future regarding any other issues.

Best Regards,
Support