My footer has disappeared since last update.

Hi everyone,
I had saved my modified php footer , copied it and replaced the Illdy coding within Appearance>editor>footer.php with my edited footer.php.
Now i do see my edited footer correctly within my admin wordpress ( see attachment 1) but the website doesn’t show it when i am not logged in (see second screenshot).

Can someone please help ?

Thank you.

Cordially.

Sy.

Hi everyone,
I had saved my modified php footer , copied it and replaced the Illdy coding within Appearance>editor>footer.php with my edited footer.php.
Now i do see my edited footer correctly within my admin wordpress ( see attachment 1) but the website doesn’t show it when i am not logged in (see second screenshot).

Can someone please help ?

Thank you.

Cordially.

Sy.

Hello,

I hope you are doing well today.

Are you seeing the footer widget via Appearance > Widgets or in the customizer?

Best Regards,
Support

Hi support team,
I hope you are having a good holiday season.
Thank you for your response.
I was able to find Widgets within Customize as you have indicatedr and partially fix the issue.
All my pages are now showing the footer i designed (see attacment 1), exept for the Shop page which is missing the first column (see attacment 2).
Could you please help me ?

Thank you.

Cordially,

Sy.

Hello Sy

Yes, i cant also see the first column in the footer in shop page,
can you tell me what changes you have made in the footer.php file? I see you are using normal widgets and layouts for footer and for these changes in footer.php is not really necessary

Hello Noda,

Thank you very much for your support.
For the changes i have made in footer.php they are in bold within the php coding in the attachment provided.

Thank you.

Cordially,

Sy

Hey there

Cordially can you check if footer works with default footer code? please use only the original footer.php file and check if your problem is resolved

Hello Noda,
Thank you for your great support.
I have updated Illdy as you have advised so the php.footer is back to default footer code.
As a result all pages are showing my designed footer when not logged in except the shop page where first column still missing. (see attachment 1).
Now when logged in the first column shows up in the footer of shop page but the content of it seems to be the default footer content while other columns are showing my design. (see attachment 2).
Also i have noticed that in Appearance>customize all pages are giving me the option to edit each column of the footer.(see attachment 3) but i do not have the option of editing the first column for appearance>customize> shop page. No blue pencil showing in that first column.(see attachment 4)

Once again thank you for your support hopping for a solution to this issue.

Cordially,

Sy.

Let me check it, please use this plugin to create temporary access for us, its automatic login link and does not requires sharing your admin details. here is How To guide. at the and don’t forget about  “Set as private reply” at the bottom of the message box  

Hello Noda,

Thank you for your quick responses.
I am very impressed by how many tools are available to built/fix websites nowadays…
However, you will find the login link to website bellow.

https://purs-delices.com/wp-admin/?wtlwp_token=98f8eab652abb848ea73b37598fa5e63

Thanks again.

Cordially,

Sy

Hello,

Could you please enable the Appearance option, so that I can activate the customizer. It would be better to provide us with an admin role.

Best Regards,
Support

Hi there,

I have changed the role to admin as requested but i don’t know how to enable the appearance option.

Cordially,

Sy

Hello,

I noticed that you have 2 different set of links in the first column of the footer menu when you go to shop page vs another page, was that how you wanted the menu to work?

Best Regards,
Support

Hi there,

No. I would like the footer to look like it does on all pages. Unfortunately the shop page doesn’t display the first column of the footer when i am not logged in and displays the default first column which i don’t want.
when logged in my wordpress website.

I would like the shop page footer to look like it does on the other pages.

I have submitted more detailed descriptions on what the problem is to Noda thru my communication from the January 2, 2019 at 8:29 pm reply #202657.

Thank you for your help.

Cordially,

Sy

hello Sy

One of your plugins is doing this if we deactivate all third party plugins you will see there will be a same link in the footer,
Once you deactivate all plugins please check your problem again, if the problem is gone then this means it was a plugin conflict. Now, start activating plugins one by one and same time repeat your problem until your problem appears again, now you know which plugin was in conflict

Thanks!
Colorlib Support Team

Hello Noda,

Thank you for your help.
All plugins were deactivated when i logged-in.
The issue took care of itself just by reactivating them one by one as you advised.
However i found out that page builder site origin version 2.9.7 plugin caused the content of my non Woocommerce pages to disappear. I have deleted it and everything looks fine.

Thanks again, you have been of a great help.

Cordially,

Sy.

P.S: Happy new Year to you and to the support team.

Thank you Sy, im happy your problem is resolved :slight_smile:

If you’re happy with our service, don’t forget to rate us: [Illdy] Reviews | WordPress.org