My theme is missing a stylesheet?

The speed of my site is pretty horrific and I have sent a few queries to my hosting provider. They said that everything was fine but the main factor that was causing my site to slow down was my theme because there is a missing stylesheet and said I need to speak to the support for the theme. Could I have some assistance please? I have provided screenshots of the errors I get from Pingdom tests

Hey there,
Hope you’re doing well today

That seems to be a result of your minification. The plugin is actually minifying your CSS to a file in your cache folder called 8fe63.css. You may want to try running the site without minification, or use a different minification plugin that minifies to your style.css instead of to a different file and see how that turns out.

I hope this helps :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
Support

Hi,

I turned off and deleted the plugin I was using and installed another and now I have two things slowing my site lol. Also, when I deleted the plugin altogether the style.css was still having a problem. SOS please help lol

Hi there,
Thanks for keeping in touch with us.

That’s weird.

Kindly do a backup of all your Custom CSS, then access your site’s FTP and navigate to wp-content/themes/shapely and ensure the style.css file is there. If it isn’t, then I’m going to ask that you add the file attached.

After doing this, please try using the plugin again and see if it works.

Best Regards,
Support

Hi,

Thanks for the advice, unfortunately, the file is there. However, the last issue said that there was a problem in the assets file if you look closer. I have gone into it and there is no style.css there… this there meant to be?

Cheers

Also, my customizer is now broken. It seems to get worse for me lol

Hi there,

At this point, my advice to you would be to do a complete backup of your site (you may use the All In One Migration plugin for this). Ensure you have all your content and CSS, then proceed to do a complete reinstall of the theme. Another thing to do before reinstalling is to ensure that you’ve removed the plugin(s) you use to minify your CSS/JS.

Hopefully, after that, you won’t have that issue.

Best Regards,
Support

And now I have this…

No worries, thanks for the help, I’ll reinstall my theme this evening and see what happens

Reinstalling did nothing the issue still exists and I have deactivated all of the plugins and the style sheet still has issues… this is so weird

Hi there,

The weird thing about this issue is that the theme by default doesn’t have assets/css/style.css so I’m not sure why the browser is even asking for it to begin with. Maybe you could try adding that location into the theme files and see if it works. Just FTP into the theme and go into the assets folder, create a CSS folder, and drop a copy of your original style.css file into the CSS folder.

I hope this helps :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
Support

Lol I tried this and it is still not working. Only this would happen to me haha. I guess I will have to deal with this site for the mean time

Hi there,

I’m sorry about this, maybe there’s something I’m not seeing but this issue kinda has me stumped, to be honest. I’ve been thinking about this and checking out stuff about this all day and I’m not replicating this error any at all. From the demo site to local installations, nothing.

@Movin and @Laranz have been working here a bit longer so hopefully, when they see this, they’ll probably be in a better position to help out given their knowledge with the theme.

Again, sorry about the issue you’re having here, and until this gets fixed, I’ll be looking at possible solutions.

Best Regards,
Support