Navigation bar - change color of selected menu

Hello,

This is my website : www.romeco.ch.

Two little things :

• My homepage is called "Actualité", and I'd like to have this title written on the page, like the other page's title. How can I do it?
  • If I go to "Contact", I can read Contact on the page (the title is big!), but it's very hard to see that's it's selected on the menu. Is it possible to change this?
Thanks a lot for your help....

Marc

Hi Marc,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your questions.

My homepage is called “Actualité”, and I’d like to have this title written on the page, like the other page’s title. How can I do it?

It should be by default displayed. May be it is not displaying due to js_composer plugin that you are using on your site so to confirm it just try temporary disabling it.

If I go to “Contact”, I can read Contact on the page (the title is big!), but it’s very hard to see that’s it’s selected on the menu. Is it possible to change this?

You can try changing this by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Unite Options -> Other -> Custom CSS

#page .navbar-default .navbar-nav > .active > a {
    background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3);
}

Best Regards,
Movin

Hello !

Cool, changing the CSS for highlighting the menu works perfectly!

I also try to disable the composer (i use WPBakery Visual Composer), but it doesn’t work. Is it a way to set a title for “www.romeco.ch”, so the landing page will add automatically the title “Actualité”?

Thanks again, and best regards,

Marc

I also try to disable the composer (i use WPBakery Visual Composer), but it doesn’t work.

This can be due to other plugin used on your site so please try temporary deactivating all plugins and see whether everything works fine and then enable the plugins one by one to see which plugin is conflicting if any.

Is it a way to set a title for “www.romeco.ch”, so the landing page will add automatically the title “Actualité”?

I am not sure i understood your question correctly so please describe it a bit more in detail?

Hello !

Sorry for the late reply, I was in a rush…

The landing page is “www.romeco.ch”. In the navigation, it’s the menu “Actualité”. I just want the title “Actualité” is written just below the navigation : like the title “Contact” is written when I click on the menu “Contact”.

Is it possible to do that?

Thanks for your help!

Marc

You can try achieving this by using the attached custom child theme of Unite theme that contains some custom code.

Hello !

That’s cool! It’s exactly what I was looking.

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

Marc

You are most welcome here :slight_smile: