Navigation menu not working on mobile/tablet devices

Hi there,

Great theme, many thanks.
I am towards the end of a build and have just been testing the site on mobile and tablet devices and seen that the navigation isn’t working - it is fine on desktop computers. This is frustrating as this is key for the functionality of the site.

There are some pages in the main menu with sub items, but not all.

I have found some mentions of this in other posts and tried the plugin that you provided for them (‘14’ I think) and also tried by creating the file myself and copying the text you provided and uploading that but I am afraid neither option worked.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am in test mode at the moment so I would have to give you access if you need to see it, just let me have your email address please.

Many thanks
Jo

Hi there,
Just wondering if you have any news on this please - I am building the site for a community cafe run by volunteers and it is key that the site works on mobile devices so if you don’t think there is a solution please could you let me know as sadly I will have to find another theme and start again.
Many thanks
Jo

I am hoping you are working on this behind the scenes as I notice there are a few people posting the same problem.

I just wanted to add some more information for you incase it was helpful. I have noticed that when viewing the page on an ipad in the horizontal position the navigation works, but when it is held portrait (so shorter expanse left to right) it doesn’t work. Regarding mobiles on my iphone it doesn’t work at all what ever position you hold the phone.

If you are not going to be able to fix this problem or work on it I would appreciate you letting me know and then I know I have to use another theme, rather than waiting and hoping!

Many thanks
Jo

Please can someone reply to this issue it is causing me a lot of problems as it seams to be a lot of other people looking at the forum posts. Are you working on making the navigation work on mobile devices or not?

Thankyou
Jo

Hi Jo,

Sorry to hear of the problem you are having.

I have tested it on my test site using latest version of Sparkling theme and found it’s working fine for me as shown in the attached screenshot.

Could you please share me your site URL so that i can troubleshoot it?

If you don’t want others to see your site URL or any other sensitive information that you share then when replying to this topic just check the option “Set as private reply”.

Kind Regards,
Movin

Many thanks for getting back to me Movin.

Yesterday I actually tried disabling all my plugins one by one and luckily enough the last one seamed to be the one that was actually causing the problem/conflict. ‘WP Google Maps’ so I have deleted that and I am using ‘Google Maps Easy’ and all seams well!

This is quite a relief as I do like your theme and didn’t want to have to start again with another one. I used it for a community cafe that is run by volunteers www.whitegatestation.org.uk.

Many thanks for your time.

Kindest regards,
Jo

Hi Jo,

Awesome great to see you got that resolved.

Please advise if you have more questions.

Have a fantastic day!

Cheers,
Movin

Thanks Movin,

Jo

You are most welcome here :slight_smile: