Need help with client section "add"/"delete" button

Hi, I’m having problem with one widget - the client section. The main problem is that the “add” and “delete” buttons don’t work, nothing happens when I click on them. I tried to disable all plugins, overwrite the old theme with the latest version (1.0.2), but still don’t work. I was using child theme, but the same problem happened when I switch to the parent theme. Here is what I get from the console when I click “Customize” and pressing “add”/“delete” buttons, image in the attachment, basically nothing appear when I click them.

Thanks in advance!

Hi @p8m3,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

Could you please try using the custom solution posted on the following topic to resolve it?

https://colorlibsupport.com/t/add-clients-widget-broken-double-page-titles/page/2/#post-54965

Best Regards,
Movin

@Movin Hi, I tried it, replaced the widget-home-clients.php and still not working. I also downloaded and tried both themes, shapely (1.0.2, the one from website) and shapely-master (the one from github), both didn’t work. Then I tried doing the same on both themes, replaced the client widget file, and they didn’t work neither. :frowning:

Could you please share me your site URL where it’s happening so that i can troubleshoot it?

Ay, please take a look! Much appreciated!

I visited your shared site and saw the javascript error message is displaying in the browser console as shown in the attached screenshot which may be causing this issue.

So to resolve the javascript error please try using the solution posted here https://colorlibsupport.com/t/wp-tiles-and-shapely-issue/#post-51075

Also please make sure you are using latest version of PHP.

@Movin Hi Movin, thanks for troubleshooting in a fine weekend!

I have got both good and bad news. The bad news is that the widget buttons still don’t work; that is when I click “Customize” in my homepage and choose widgets from the left sidebar.

The good news is, I’m able to add more logo (yes, the buttons work) when I’m inside Wordpress > Appareance > Widget.

I have of course changed the php version to 5.6, replaced the function.php linked in your reply as you suggested, although that didn’t make the buttons work if I’m on homepage, but I can add logo inside the widget page and I’m ok with it!

but I can add logo inside the widget page and I’m ok with it!

Glad it’s working fine for you now.

Please advise if you have more questions.