Need help with multiple things (tags, excerpts, titles, etc.)

Hi, I really am enjoying this theme on my site, gnghockey.com. However, there are some issues that I really need fixed before I am ready to take on this theme full-time.

1. On the front page as well at the category pages, I am unable to get the excerpt to show. This is very troublesome. The first few sentences of the article are on the page instead of the excerpt. I need the excerpt to show.
  2. On the actual posts, the small paragraph at the beginning with a different color and with a line separating it from the main content should be the excerpt, but it is instead the first few lines of the article. I need the excerpt to be here.
  3. I need tags to be hidden on posts and I’m not sure how to do that.
  4. The titles keep getting cut off on the front page and category pages. I need the full title to be shown.
  5. The banner and logo are not in line. I’d like these 2 objects to be in line.
  6. The color of the articles’ content is too light. I want to make it a bit darker.

Hopefully someone can help me with these issues. I really love this theme and would like to continue using it.

Also, my pages are not showing besides my normal posts

For example, gnghockey.com/thetakeover is just a white page.

Fixed that page issue. Still need help on other things.

Hi there
I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

1. I need tags to be hidden on posts and I’m not sure how to do that.
    You can try achieving this by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS option of your theme on the below path.
    Admin Area -> Appearance -> Customize -> Additional CSS
/*remove tags*/
.single-post .newspaper-x-tags{
  display:None !important
}
  1. The titles keep getting cut off on the front page and category pages. I need the full title to be shown.
    You’ll have to edit the theme files, using your FTP access navigate to the theme content folder.
    newspaper-x > template-parts > content-page.php

Find line 53 and replace it with the following:
echo '<h4 class="entry-title"><a href="' . esc_url( get_permalink() ) . '" rel="bookmark">' : '' </a></h4>';

Please not before editing the theme, do a complete backup of your site. U can do this using the All-In-One WP Migration plugin.

1. The banner and logo are not in line. I’d like these 2 objects to be in line.
    Use this CSS to get the banner an logo inline.
/*logo and banner alignment*/
img.attachment-newspaper-x-wide-banner.size-newspaper-x-wide-banner {
   padding-top:px;
  position:relative;
  top:3px
}
  1. The color of the articles’ content is too light. I want to make it a bit darker.
/*dark content*/
article.post p {
    color: #232323;
}

Best Regards,
Support

Thank you very much for the great help!

The only thing that didn’t work with your instructions is editing the content-page.php theme file. It still doesn’t seem to fit the full title within the pages that show all the articles.

Also, the issue I need the most help with is the excerpts not showing up and the first paragraph on each article being shown in a blue font separate from the rest of the article. I’d like to have the excerpt show on the screens where you can click the article (like the homepage) and the excerpt to also show on the separate blue part before the article starts. Can I get help with that?

What was the content-page.php page showing before changing line 53? Because I think I wrote a wrong thing and now some pages aren’t showing up.

Hey there,
Thank you for keeping in touch

Here’s the code to get the first paragraph blue:

.single-post .entry-content p:first-of-type{
     color: #044a9a;
}

Here’s a tutorial you can look into to assist with his:

Best Regards,
Support

Thank you. Almost completely through my questioning:

1. How do I remove the line underneath the opening paragraph?

2. The excerpt is not showing up on the category pages, the home pages, and the archive pages.

Hey there,
Thank you for keeping in touch

1. Use this to remove line underneath opening paragraph
.entry-content p:first-of-type {
    border-bottom: none !important;
}
  1. In regards to excerpts here’s an alternative option you could look into.
    http://www.wpbeginner.com/beginners-guide/how-to-properly-use-the-more-tag-in-wordpress/

Best Regards,
Support