Need to add content users won't see to satisfy Yoast?

Hi,

The content Yoast is analyzing for my front page is onbviously not the content that is being displayed. Do I need to enter this content anyway for SEO purposes? Should the visible content reflect the invisible content for consistency? Or do I not need to worry?

Thanks,
Danny

Just switched my site over to the Shapely theme and was wondering the same thing. I ended up removing all of my homepage content and inserted it into the homepage widgets… anyone know the best way to approach this?

Hi there,

I hope you are well today and thanks for posting here.

Are you facing the same issue as described in the following topic?

https://colorlibsupport.com/t/facebook-post-showing-sample-text/#post-57750

If yes then please try deleting the facebook cache of your site from Sharing Debugger - Facebook for Developers

If you are not facing the same issue then could you please describe it a bit more in detail so that i can help you?

Kind Regards,
Movin

Hi Movin,

Thanks for your investigation so far but no, sadly that’s not the same issue that I’m experiencing.

As it happens I’ve moved to another theme, so I apologise if I’ve wasted your time. I really loved Simplify but I found something else with a few more features that I need. I may be back some time!

Best wishes,
Danny

You are always welcome here :slight_smile:

Hey - wanted to follow up on this. To clarify: when using the Shapely theme, you set a static page as the homepage, and then add your content to the Shapely Homepage widgets in order to make them display on the site. So in the end whatever content you have on the static page is NOT displayed - only the content entered into those widgets gets displayed. So the question is - should you have your homepage content published on the static page as well as in the homepage widgets, or should you use a blank page as the homepage and enter all of that content into the widgets. Wondering if it matters for SEO. Not sure if entering the content into both would result in Google detecting your homepage content twice (duplicate content).

Thanks!

@mtag

should you have your homepage content published on the static page as well as in the homepage widgets, or should you use a blank page as the homepage and enter all of that content into the widgets.

If you just set your page as static home page then content added in that page will be displayed on home page but if you set home page template to that page then the content added in the widgets of home page widget area will be displayed on home page so you don’t have to enter the content in the page but instead add that content in the widget. We did this to make theme homepage more customizable.