Newbie questions

Hi,

I’m a wordpress theme/wordpress newbie and just installed Shapley last night.

I have a few questions:

1. How do you put a gallery/portfolio on a regular page vs a homepage or footer (it’s only giving me those options right now.)

2. Currently, there is a widget that’s a gallery/portfolio widget on my homepage that was part of the demo. However, I don’t know how to add images to it to create the actual portfolio.

3. Once my gallery/portfolio is on a page, how do I make it clickable (so if someone clicks on a pic in the gallery, it will bring them to another page?

4. Currently, I added a menu to the top. I also have the demo in place and when you scroll down there are sections on the homepage that are different widgets (parallex, contact, etc etc) How can I connect the menu sections to the sections that already exist? In other words, if one of my menu sections is called CONTACT, can I make it link to the contact section/widget that already exists?

Many thanks to all who reply. Greatly appreciated!

Hi there,

An update: I scrolled through the forum and found advice telling me to do a custom link and add code like: #shapely_home_contact-2

I did that and it still didn’t go to the section.

What am I doing wrong?

I literally added: #shapely_home_contact-2 to the the custom link box, put in a new menu title clicked save draft and it didn’t go to that section when I clicked the menu.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hey there,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

Firstly, ensure you go through the Shapely documentation for a better understanding of the theme.

1. Galleries on this theme use jetpack, here are the instructions for setting up a gallery on other pages.

2 - 3. Check out #4 on the documentation link.

1. Kindly send the URL to your website so I can look into this.

Best regards,
Support.

Hey there,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

Firstly, ensure you go through the Shapely documentation for a better understanding of the theme.

1. Galleries on this theme use jetpack, here are the instructions for setting up a gallery on other pages.

2 - 3. Check out #4 on the documentation link.

1. Kindly send the URL to your website so I can look into this.

Best regards,
Support.

Thank you. I did install jetpack but when I try to create a new portfolio page, I’m not sure how to add a gallery to it. Also, don’t know how to add a gallery to a regular page (or it that’s possible.)

(I’m still developing it–only installed it last night and am muddling through it all)

Thanks.

Hi there,

I figured out how to put in a gallery but have another question: One of the images I uploaded includes camera specs (aperture settings, camera name, etc.) How do I remove that? I only see that when I click on the image in the gallery and the image shows up on a separate page.

Also, how do I center the name of the pic so it’s directly below–or above–the pic when I click on the pic?

Finally–when I click on CUSTOMIZE what I see is different than what I see when I click view site. How do I get customize to mirror view site. Or do I need to make customize live and then it becomes view site?

Thanks for all your help.