Not able to change colors in illdy theme. Color picker is not visible.

Not able to change colors in illdy theme. Color picker is not visible. Want to change colors of jumbotron buttons. Problem’s screenshot is included.

Hey there,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

Kindly check to see if you have the shapely companion plugin installed and activated.

WordPress Dashboard > Appearance > About Shapely > Recommened Plugins.

If it is installed and activated, try disabling all third. party plugins except for the required plugins and test to see if the issue still persists.

Best regards,
Support.

Thank you so much for your reply.

I’ve installed “Illdy Theme” not “Shapely Theme”. And Illdy Companion plugin is also installed.
But still i am having the issue.

I tried deleting the theme and reinstalling & also tried downgrading too, but no effect.

Please help regarding this. I don’t want to waste my time to create whole website again.

Hello there,

This issue could be related to you WordPress or PHP version. Please ensure that you have installed the newest version of WordPress.

After doing that, contact you hosting provider and have them ensure that you have PHP version 5.6 or greater installed on your server.

Best Regards,
Support

Hi there,

I think I’m experiencing the same issue. Normally you can change the colors quite easy, by using the color picker (see first picture). But in the section Appearance → Customize → Colours (in the them illdy), I’m missing that color picker (see picture 2). In that case it’s quite hard to change the colors.

It this is a bug? Because in other options this color picker is working fine in this theme.

Many thanks in advance for your answer.

Kind regards,
Bastiaan
www.bastiaanterweel.nl

Hello there,

This issue has appeared in the past and the issue was related to the PHP version being used on the server soyou would have to contact you hosting provider and have them update your PHP version 5.6 or greater.

Best Regards,
Support

I have the same problem and I have tried both PHP version 5.6 and 7.0. Maybe there is some extension that I haven’t activated?

Hello @lukowfs,

Please go to Appearance > About Illdy and you can check there to see if there are any missing plugins and install them.

Best Regards,
Support

No I have every plug in installed. The problem appears only in Appearance –> Customize –> Colours.

Hello @lukowfs,

Thanks for telling me.

Please deactivate any third party plugins that you have active to see if any of them is causing a conflict with the customization color selection in the theme.

Best Regards,
Support

Same problem even when I deactivate the plugins.

I’m using php version 7.0.26. I also deactivated other plugins, but the problem still exists. Just as @lukofws explains, the problems only appears at in Appearance –> Customize –> Colours. In any other setting, it works fine.

Hello @bterweel,

Thanks for adding to this, if this issue is happening to so many users then I need to share this issue with the developer.

You can also notify our developer with the issue here:

Best Regards,
Support

@Support,

Thanks for your reply and to notify the developer. I can imagine this will take some time to investigate and solve the issue.

In the meantime can you tell me in which (css) files this coloring is handled. May be I can change this in the code, so I can change the color myself until this is solved in the theme.

Many thanks in advance and enjoy the holidays.

Kind regards,
Bastiaan

Hello there,

Thanks for understanding.

The CSS file is located via Appearance > Editor > Stylesheet.css and you can edit the CSS there but this is unadvised and it is better to go to Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS and add any new CSS there.

If you are going to change the stylesheet then you need to create a backup and use a child theme to contain the changes made to the stylesheet. Here are a few plugins to help you with this:

Best Regards,
Support