Not compatible with Woocommerce-Germanized?

Hi there,

I’m using the plugin Germanized. When I try to add text or headlines on the checkout-page, text is displayed twice - whether or not via hook or via html in review-order.php.

The support of Germanized told me that there might be an ajax-problem with your theme.

Do you have a hint for me?

WP-Version: 4.1.1
WC-Version: 2.3.6

I’m using a child of Dazzling.

Best regards Pippa

Unfortunately, I am not familiar with Germanized plugin and have never heard of it as I am not from Germany myself. However, I might try to help if you could post your website URL that points exactly to where this occurs.

I doubt that this is theme related as it features as basic WooCommerce integration and it uses all default WooCommerce template files with no modification at all.

Can’t reply in normal way

Hi Aigars, this is very nice of you. lilienjournal.de/kiosk. You must register as customer (German law requirements).

@Pippa

You couldn’t create a reply because your email, IP or website is blacklisted by Akismet (spam protection).

I signed up with some random email and now waiting for approval. However, I doubt that I will be able to help because you have modified this theme and I already see several bugs in layout. Personally, I would just reinstall theme and start over because user experience is not pleasing at all. Maybe I am too meticulous but it’s an estore and you want to make money with it, so it must be perfect.

Oops?!

Thank you very much for your support. Yes, the theme is modified. What do you mean with bugs?

Here you can see how your product page appears when browser is slightly resized but not yet reches mobile size. Content drops below product image and leave a huge blank space:

Also there is a horizontal scroll which is completely redundant. For example I can scroll to the side on this page that part of your logo is no longer visible. Not cool at all.

These are just first thing that comes in sight and there are more rough edges like these. Not a huge things but still you could have avoided them.

Thank you. Fixed the most of it. But for me that doesn’t explain the initial problem. F.e.: When I try to modify the checkout via functions.php there is no effect.

Please post your code that you are trying to use and I will have a look.

The thing is that functions.php is the most important file in your theme and there is no way it is not working. The only thing that might not work is your own code.

For example:

add_action( 'woocommerce_review_order_after_order_total', 'mwst_hinweis' );
function mwst_hinweis() { ?>
<small><?php _e( 'Alle Preise inkl. der gesetzlichen MwSt.', 'woocommerce' ); ?></small>
<?php }

displays the VAT-note before review order. This behaviour appears since I’m using Germanized. As I said before, the Germanized-support assumes an Ajax-problem in your theme.

No surprises here and your code is to blame.

Instead of hooking action to woocommerce_review_order_after_order_total you should hook it to woocommerce_checkout_after_order_review. Here is how your code should look like:

add_action( 'woocommerce_checkout_after_order_review', 'mwst_hinweis' );
function mwst_hinweis() { ?>
<small><?php _e( 'Alle Preise inkl. der gesetzlichen MwSt.', 'woocommerce' ); ?></small>
<?php }

And all Ajax “problems” are now gone :slight_smile:

Pro tip: This theme doesn’t even use Ajax.

Thanks for your reply. Alas, I already tried before. The code doesn’t work. It displays nothing.

Here you can see our demo website with Dazzling + WooCommerce + Germanized plugins installed. And VAT notice is right under order review section and right above buy now button.

If it still doesn’t work for you just erase the theme and start over because there are still so many bugs in your code other than this one.

Yes, but Germanized is not running :wink:
Even the original Dazzling-theme can’t handle with Germanized. I’m afraid the G-Support is right.
When I change the theme to Wordpress’ Twenty… everything is alright.
Anyway, thanks a million for your patience.

Germanized is running. See notice “With your order, you agree to have read and understood our Terms and Conditions and your Right of Recission.” that generated by Germanized plugin.