Nothing found at this location...

Hello

When a search is done on my site for something that doesn’t exist there it just says:

“Sorry, but nothing matched your search terms. Please try again with some different keywords.” And shows a search bar.

However, when I type a link into the internet bar for something that doesn’t exist,page not found, a lot of text shows up. First:

“It looks like nothing was found at this location. Maybe try one of the links below or a search?” And a search bar.

But below that it shows ‘Recent Posts’ ‘Most Used Posts’, all in different fonts and ‘Archives’ with a (horror) smiley emoji.

I would like to have just:

“It looks like nothing was found at this location. Maybe try one of the links below or a search?” And a search bar.

And none of the other stuff. Can you help?

Thank you!

HI @lucydm,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

You can try achieving this by using the attached custom child theme of Activello theme that contains some custom code.

Best Regards,
Movin

Thank you, Movin.

I wonder if there is any CSS specifically that I can add to Additional CSS? I just want to remove the ‘Recent Posts’ ‘Most Used Posts’ and ‘Archives’ with smiley emoji.

I am happy to keep:

Hiding and removing it from HTML source are two different things.

You can hide it by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Customize -> Additional CSS

.error404 .page-content .row {
    display: none;
}

Thank you so much! Is there a way here to edit the text that does show from:

It looks like nothing was found at this location. Maybe try one of the links below or a search?

to

It looks like nothing was found at this location. Maybe try a search?

There is also a line underneath the search bar and I wonder if that can be removed?

Thank you so much! Is there a way here to edit the text that does show from:

You can use following plugin to change that text. Just use text domain as ‘activello’

There is also a line underneath the search bar and I wonder if that can be removed?

Could you please share me your site URL where it’s displaying so that i can help you?