Padding below featured image on posts page

Hello

On the posts page I have the padding underneath the featured image set to 14px. This works well for every post apart from the second one on the front page.

Screenshot attached:

Any idea why?

Top post shows normal padding, second post doesn’t.

Hello there,

I hope you are doing well today.

I checked the website at http://www.theloveplace.co.uk/ and the padding for all of the posts one the page seem to be uniform.

Best Regards,
Support

So how do you explain that the second post on the first page has less padding beneath the featured image than every other post?

Your reply is nonsensical and it seems a waste of time for us both.

You can see in the screenshot I sent that the second post has a much smaller amount of space beneath the featured image than the other posts?

It even has less space on a phone browser!!!

Hello there,

Thanks for that information.

I have checked the CSS on the page an it is all the same. So the page may be using some previous CSS code.
Please try clearing your browser cache with the following plugin:

Best Regards,
Support

Clearing the cache doesn’t change anything…Is it a bug?

Hello there,

I hope you are doing well today.

I found the issue to be an empty container below the other posts. Please use the following CSS code to remove it:

/*Remove empty container*/
.entry-content, .entry-summary {
    display: none;

Best Regards,
Support

Please read exactly what I have written. I have CSS in order to have the space below the featured image. I want space. The issue is for some unknown reason the now third post shows with less space. For what reason would this occur? Randomly on one post?

Hello there,

The issue appears because there is some CSS code to display “Read more” that was removed however it was written in combination with an n-th element code that adds an element to the second post, this is the code causing the issue:

.blog.home .page-1 article.post:nth-child(2) .read-more, .blog.home .page-1 article.post:first-child .entry-footer, .blog.home .page-1 article.post:nth-child(2) .entry-footer {
    display: block;
}

Best Regards,
Support

So assuming I want the third post to look like all of the others what do I add or change to the CSS?

Thank you for sharing this informations.

Hello!

I have just understood that using this code: /Remove empty container/ .entry-content, .entry-summary { display: none;

I can then adjust the padding px for a uniform setting.

Thank you, I am sorry this didn’t appear clear to me at first.

NO!

This code actually removes the entire post! So that when you click on the title there is only a featured image!

Also when I look at my custom CSS there is nothing about an nth element…

THIS is the correct code:
.home .entry-content { display: none; }
And then I can edit the padding below the image.

Hello ,

I just want to confirm, was the code sufficient in solving the issue or not?.

Best Regards,
Support

As I said:

“THIS is the correct code:
.home .entry-content { display: none; }
And then I can edit the padding below the image.”

Hello there,

Thanks for confirming and I am glad the solution worked.
Please feel free to contact us again in the future regarding any other issues.

Best Regards,
Support